“Good zoo for Nepal”

$67.00*
and up
Private Day Trip to Central Zoo at Jawalakhel
More attraction details
Owner description: A 17th century boating pond is a charming feature of this popular zoo.
Perth, Australia
237 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Good zoo for Nepal”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I tried to get a local to buy my ticket into this zoo. With a student card its 60rs but as a foreigner with foreign blood its 500rs, a big jump from 60rs. I guess its my extra 440rs and every other foreigners 440rs that keeps this zoo relatively clean and in ok order. The animals have reasonably clean and kind of well looked after jail cells. It takes about 30 minutes to see everything as it is quite small but ok if you have 500rs spare or would like to see some animals.

Visited March 2013

Kathmandu, null, Nepal
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“can me more clean”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

it is an only zoo in kathmandu valley but wild animals are limited. it could be more organized and clean. you might have to wait for a gimps of tiger but there are many species of birds.

Visited May 2012
Forster, New South Wales, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Fun Experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The zoo was a fun experience. It's a lot cheaper than other attractions (I think it was 250 rupees for a foreigner). The zoo others elephant rides (for an addition cost) and has a lot of interesting Himalayan animals you would not see in western zoos.

I went there from my hostel in Thamel by catching a bus (nearby Thamel) for 20 rupees each way. It makes for a cheap interesting day in Kathmandu.

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A Zoo with potential”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

At the end of our last trekking holiday in Nepal our favourite Porter offered to take us to the Zoo! A manic taxi ride later and there we were. Expecting the worst we were surprised & relieved that the comfort of the animals is very important here. It is currently in the process of being updated with new paths and enclosures so I think in a few years it will be quite lovely.Great range of animals from elephants, hippo, various deer & primates. piranha and tigers to (believe it or not) white mice! Even some cockies from Australia to make us feel at home. Being the only Caucasians there that day we felt just as 'on display' as most of the exhibits!! We had a great afternoon though and will check it out again on our next trip

Visited January 2012