Lowest prices for your stay
$68

We spend 2 nights in this hotel for a conference

Goods
Clean and spacious rooms
Restaurant and conference facilities
English speaking staff and quick check in

Bad s
They have a central AC system and cannot control the temperature from room. Its pre- set for 27. Yes 27. (I think they do this to save electricity) In this hot weather it makes the room more hot. After several complaints on the second day it was 26. Still hot.
Date of stay: October 2018
PralhadKunwarCOO, General Manager at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this review
Responded Oct 18, 2018
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. We have duly noted your appreciation & candid remarks at the same time. I am a little concerned to read that the Air-conditioning was not as per your requirement.. In the meanwhile, we have looked into the matter & taken corrective actions.. It is our endeavor to deliver the best as always. We look forward to another opportunity to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
$53
    $39
  • eDreams
0.6 miles from Hotel Himalaya
Free Wifi
View more hotels in Patan (Lalitpur)
All reviews nice hotel buffet breakfast health club i highly recommend this hotel busy city cleaning staff spacious rooms an oasis patan area wifi kathmandu tennis
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2018

My first trip to Kathmandu and thus my first hotel stay in the city - Hotel Himalaya at Patan, Lalitpur. Just about 10-15mins ride from the airport and the same distance from the happening places of Kingsway and Thamel. So good location. The first impressions of the hotel - spacious drive way, big hotel feel, warm greetings at the door step and legacy feeling of the interior at the lobby level. Rooms are all good and comfortable with good speed WiFi. A little on the older side, so if you are seeking the most ultra modern look and feel, maybe not your type. Buffet spreads for breakfast are nothing fancy but decent. Variety needs improvement. Restaurant service is average and room service is okay. The outstanding part of the hotel is the well maintained, plush, green courtyard - something to die for. I took my breakfast there and it was orgasmic. In the evening, I sat there to work in my laptop and what an amazing feeling (there are mosquito in the evening when you sit outdoor, so use repellents or ask for mosquito coils from the service team)

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank rabethkhan
PralhadKunwarCOO, General Manager at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking out time to write the reviews about our property and services. We deeply value your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future too, so that we can continue providing usual fine services to you. We have sincerely noted your constructive feedback to improve wherever applicable. As customary, we sincerely care for our guests as they are our valuable assets. Your feedback is indeed our motivation, since quality & service are our motto. Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

The hotel is situated in a central place in the Kathmandu Valley. Being on the main road, it provides easy access to malls, restaurants and shopping centers and local transport. Rooms are comfortable. Staff are courteous and helpful. Service is reasonably good. Food quality is normal. Prices are affordable.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
PralhadKunwarCOO, General Manager at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your genuine reviews. We deeply value your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future too, so that we can continue providing usual fine services to you. As customary, we sincerely care for our guests as they are our valuable assets. Your feedback is indeed our motivation, since quality & service are our motto. Once again, thank you for staying with us and finding time to write the reviews of our product & services.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This was our second time at the hotel. We came back to stay here for two nights because we liked its Executive Room, and location. We were so excited to be here but alas this hotel disappointed us. We felt that this hotel absolutely do not care for a repeat guests and loyalty. It only cares to extract as much money out of you as possible and the people, including guest relations are rude and shows no attempt in retaining the customers.
The incident basically goes like this-we had couple family members come and enjoy the pool (note my husband and I weren’t using it but were hanging out by the pool). It was not mentioned anywhere in the brochures that there would be charge for using the swimming pool by guests’friends. And there are no visible signs anywhere near the pool indicating such. We had no reasons to assume that we couldn’t have our friends use the pool without paying a charge because every other western hotel we have stayed at, that haven’t been the case. Just as our family members were getting out of the pool, one of the staff inquired about whether our family members were staying at this hotel and rudely asked us to go talk to his manager. So we went to do so, his manager was even more rude. He told us in an unfriendly way that the policy is we cannot have our friends use the pool; when we said we weren’t aware of this, he said we should have asked. How the hell we were supposed to assume this? I told him they hadn’t even been in the water for 30 mins, he briskly told us we would be charged Rs 2000 including tax and service fee even if it is for 5 mins. He then rudely asked what’s our room number so he can charge us. Now, mind you, we have spent lots of money at this hotel-not just for staying but inviting friends and family to enjoy the restaurants and bar because we liked this hotel. When we have spent so much money, they couldn’t let this confusion from our side go, they were stubborn about us paying Rs 2000 at the cost of ruining customer’s experience.
We wanted to give this hotel a chance, so we reached out to the guest relations to explain how the sports club staffs handled us. The guest relations was equally bad, the person didn’t attempt to solve our discontentment and parroted the policy to us again. We even told them we were here last year and we probably wouldn’t be back if this is how the guests are treated here. They were quite indifferent. Later at night, I called guest relations again since it was my husband who talked first and I thought I would explain the situation properly in Nepali to avoid any language barrier. I couldn’t talk to guest relations but talked to the front desk staff upon his insistence in explaining the situation. After all my explanation, he suggested me to talk to front desk manager instead of writing down my room number and telling me that he would convey my concern and have somebody reach out to us. At this point, we have given this hotel plenty of chances to fix the situation. Since they don’t care for us to be back, we of course won’t and will never suggest our friends and family or anybody to stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
PralhadKunwarCOO, General Manager at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel Himalaya twice in a row in the same year. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again & again.
With regards to your dissatisfaction about your guests being charged for the usage of our swimming pool, it is a standard policy/practice all over the world that the outsiders are charged for. The Health Club / Swimming are the exclusive facilities provided to to hotel residents only. The Health Club & the Guest Relations Executive were only protecting the hotel policy.However, as a very special case we will refund R,. 2000 in our next visit here.
With best regards !

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

While I have never stayed at the hotel overnight, I have had many meals at their restaurant, swam in their pool, and attended events there. Their buffet for the events is standard food from nepali to continental. The bathrooms in the lobby are amazing with large mirrors that open up the room. The lobby also has amazing seating and feels very much like home. My one problem with the hotel is their pool. For the longest time it was closed off due to construction and when they finally opened up, the pool was filled with chemicals that hurt my friends' eyes after swimming. Other than that, this hotel is a must go to to celebrate events.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
PralhadKunwarCOO, General Manager at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing to stay at hotel Himalaya. We sincerely appreciate your initiative in taking out time and writing the reviews. We have duly noted your appreciation & some good advice at the same time. In the meanwhile, we have looked into your remarks & taken corrective actions wherever applicable. I must assure you that it is our endeavor to deliver the best as always. We look forward to another opportunity to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

When you travel internationally for business like I do, the choice of hotels is often determined by the office security protocols. This means that I usually end up staying in sterile business hotels rather than interesting B&Bs or boutique locations. On this trip to Nepal I stayed in two business hotels, the Summit Hotel and Hotel Himalaya. I have written reviews on both, so business travelers can compare.

I stayed a week at the Hotel Himalaya, and found it to be exactly what you would expect from a business hotel—large, generic, but with amenities to support business travel. It seems to be an older hotel that hasn’t been upgraded in a couple of decades, so things are a bit musty, but everything works fine. The rooms were large, the internet worked well, as did the air conditioning and hot water. The rooms had a closet big enough for a week’s worth of clothes, and had an iron and ironing board, as well as a hot water kettle and instant coffee and tea. The buffet breakfast was good if boring, as it was the same thing every day. They had a mix of Continental and Nepali breakfast items, which I appreciated since I like eggs for breakfast, but also vegetables, and the Nepali side of the buffet always had nice mixed vegetables or spinach on offer. (A word of advice on the breakfast buffet—avoid the omelettes, as they suffer from the common ill of being overcooked on the outside and raw on the inside.) The Himalaya has a nice pool, open until 7pm, which is not surrounded by outside dining tables (as many hotel pools are) so you are not being stared out by businessmen having sundowners while you swim. I was also always the only one swimming, which was pleasant. They also have a gym, which I didn’t use as I chose to walk around town for exercise. A large benefit of the Hotel Himalaya is that it is on a main road, easy walking distance to many places to eat (mostly Nepalese, though there is also a mall with western and Nepali food options), as well as a couple of banks and fair trade artisan shops. It is also an easy walk to Patan Dhoka and Patan’s Durbar Square.

Date of stay: August 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel Himalaya. It is indeed heartening to receive acknowledgement of such a positive nature from you. It is truly rewarding when our guests recognize true values of the hotel and our team efforts. We have sincerely noted about your comments such as the room being musty & the omelette not being cooked to the core. Your comments will be definitely shared among our entire team members, in order to improve wherever applicable. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again & again. I will be honored to meet you in your next visit .