“Warm hospitality in a lovely guest house”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
A beautifully renovated Newari House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Japanese first
Any
jena315
Syracuse, New York
“Warm hospitality in a lovely guest house”
Reviewed February 13, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I stayed two nights at the Yamba and could not recommend it more highly! It was clean, very comfortable, and provided everything we needed. The owner, Pradeep, and his family were so warm and welcoming. He went above and beyond to make sure that we had what we needed, both in the guest house and as we made our plans to go out each day. The location is great - close to Patan's Durbar Square, but in a quiet street tucked away from some of the noise and traffic.

Your age range 35-49
Alison H
Brooklyn, New York
“Best place to stay in Nepal!”
Reviewed February 5, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I've been living in Nepal for two years and have stayed in many hotels. This home was by far the best I've stayed in. The rooms are simply beautiful- the beds incredibly comfortable, warm natural and artificial lighting and delicate Newari wood/brick work. Beyond that the owners are some of kindest people you'll meet, going above and beyond to make sure we were well fed with delicious food and comfortable. I could go on, but better you just book your stay at Yamba and enjoy it for yourself.

Arthur H
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“A serene retreat in Katmandu.”
Reviewed January 28, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

My family stayed here two nights. The owner's loving renovation is evident throughout. A welcome retreat from what can be a very noisy, dusty harried city. But the real selling point is the owner. In our two weeks in Nepal, we did not come across a more welcoming host, going so far as to invite the rest of my family to join his for dinner while I was laid low by a bug (that I certainly did not contract there!). Recommend w/o reservation.

riejpn
Tokyo, Japan
“The amazing home!”
Reviewed January 5, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

Yamba is the amazing home which i would return!
I have never stayed such a nice hotel with great hospitality.
The hotel facility is also great. The room and toilet are very clean and modern. Hot water available. I have stayed at a hotel with the same price in Thamel before, but Yamba is absolutely better! Great price for a value.
The owner, Pradeep , and his family are so caring and warm-hearted. It felt like as if I am in my home and with family. You will never feel alone here even if you are lone traveler. It was New Years and I was lone traveler- but I enjoyed chatting and spending time with them very much. I felt safe and peaceful here. Pradeep kindly gave me the information of sightseeing. On returning, i got lost and came back to the hotel late. Even worse, i was feeling so bad. The mother said(though she doesn’t speak English , i understood what she wanted to say) she was caring about me and waiting for me for long time... I bursted into tears!
After this they heartily took care of me and thanks to the care, I could safely get back all the way to Japan.
Thank you very much for your kindness and nicest memories!

emilyklsi...
Hong Kong, China
“Amazingly cozy Newari house / 充滿人情味的尼泊爾小屋”
Reviewed December 9, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

you will never find a guesthouse owner as thoughtful and caring as Pradeep. Not only did he welcome us in the warmest way possible, he always went out of his way to help and make sure your every need is met. the yamba house is a traditional newari house with charming and clean rooms decorated nicely with the coziest vybes. it is also located right next to the patan durbar square, so very central. strongly recommend this property for those who want a glimpse into the local hospitality that nepal is famous for.

larissaba...
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great apartment, highly recommended!”
Reviewed December 3, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Beautiful, big and stylish room in a characteristic authentic Newari-style building (we booked the apartment), clean and comfortable, with a heavenly soft bed, a nice warm shower with soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, very friendly owners, lovely breakfast including fruit, porridge and the best omelet. Location in the centre of Patan!

Jasyanand...
“Excellent!!!! ”
Reviewed November 17, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My husband and I have had many good stay around Nepal in the last 13 days but when we arrived here, we have found a very beautiful flat that is comfy welcoming and spacious! We relaxed here as if we were at home. Here you can chose room or flat. Flat is a very nice bed room, large bathroom, living room, kitchen.
Breakfast is very good!
Owner and staff very friendly welcoming and kind
If we have to go back to Patan, I would chose Yamba once again for sure!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing