“bit run down but nice atmosphere”
Review of Museum Cafe

Museum Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 5, 2014

nice location, good food but a place looks a bit run down then previous days i used to see it.

service was nice and lovely, peaceful to sit and bask on sun.

i would recommend to looks after for gardens and more sitting arrangement as well.

overall is nice to relax and have a breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Museum Cafe

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a nice restaurant located right at the back of Patan Museum. Ambience is lovely, set in a garden, with a view of the old palace. We had some mains and were not impressed, I think better stick with some light sandwiches and rest sipping a drink.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We came across this cafe by chance while my husband and I were taking a walk in the Durbar Sqaure. Their service is simply brilliant and the food was awesome. As I prefer spicy food, I made a request to them to make my dish extra spicy and that is exactly what I got. The food was so enjoyable!

This is situated in Durbar Square. However, it is quite quiet and you can get the meal and the rest that you so need by that time of the day after walking through the ancient cities. This is undoubtedly one of the best cafes that I visited in Nepal!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited this cafe at the beginning of April. Looked like a pleasant spot to have a drink and some cake but our experience was ruined by the rudest waiter that I have ever encountered.Was ignored for twenty minutes after arriving. Admittedly he was busy with a group but 20 mins is a long time to wait. When he finally came over I asked for a menu only for him to shout "beer, yes, no??" and walk away without bringing a menu. Another waitress (who was much friendlier) eventually brought us a menu. When we went to pay the waiter, there was no thank you. This cafe is clearly meant to be upmarket but the shockingly bad service we got clearly doesn't reflect this.....

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well, I was surprised to see the picture of Museum Cafe here on TA because it seems there were many people enjoying the place. When we went there, there were only a couple of us so I loved that it seemed so peaceful and quiet compared to the noise at the Durbar Square. The cafe is inside the Royal Palace and it is very interesting to find a modern garden setting in the middle of everything that's of Newari architecture.

The cafe is operated by the Summit Hotel so the service is expectedly very "hotelish" -- white napkins, well-dressed waiters, etc. It's not a complaint though but I've always liked to dine in places where it's more local and authentic. Nevertheless, the cafe is a very welcome break from all the walking around temples and red-brick houses. I loved that it was quiet and peaceful and of course, service was very prompt and very attentive.

There was very good food presentation, expectedly again! But I wouldn't say it's extraordinary. But it's not bad. :) We ordered Nepali food so just by that alone is already a big thing for us. Naturally, it's a bit pricey compared to the other ones. But if you're looking for a relaxing lunch hour, then maybe you should choose this one.