Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
I would give more stars if I could!

Reviewed September 4, 2019
bb_sf
San Francisco, California
Beautiful people & wonderful services

Reviewed June 8, 2019
travelinggypsy99

Recommended experiences in and around Patan (Lalitpur)
from $30.00
from $19.00
from $80.00
from $20.00
More Info
All reviews yoga instructor support staff treatment rooms inner peace massage therapist two hours sanjay consultation dr health program pranayama pasha blissful cleansing doctor healing
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Let me start at the end. If you’ve never had an Ayurvedic oil bath, you have not fully lived! This exceptional treatment, which is their end-of-panchakarma ritual, is unlike anything I have ever experienced, and I am still walking on air, enjoying a lightness of body, mind and spirit that was my intention and desire when I initially booked the program.

I simply cannot say enough good things about Moksha. A few years ago I’d had a panchakarma elsewhere, but it was not a residential program and this time around I wanted a place to stay where I could fully immerse myself in the experience… and Moksha exceeded all expectations. The first and final word to describe my experience here is “nurturing”. Because Moksha is a small, intimate place (currently only 2 rooms for residential programs although they have plans to expand just slightly to 4 rooms, and many people just come in for day treatments) you are nurtured on every possible level… body, mind, emotion and spirit… and this is the true purpose of a panchakarma, to connect with, purify and heal every aspect of your being.

In retrospect, I really wish I had made more time to do a longer course of treatment, as 7 days really just begins to graze the surface. Regardless, Dr. Padma did a beautiful job of discerning through our consultation what my primary goals and concerns were and addressing them during my week.

The treatments themselves were incredible. They have a staff of practitioners whose caring hearts and hands make sure you are being maximally nurtured during each massage (so many different types!) scrub, cleansing process, chakra healing etc. Even the necessary but more unpleasant treatments were done with ultimate care and there was nothing that felt routine about any of it. Each moment felt as if it was being done and given to me for my specific needs and particular specifications. I felt deeply cared for.

And then there was Sanjay. Each morning I had two hours of personalized yoga and pranayama as well as some beautiful discussion time about philosophy (yoga and life) and as a yoga instructor back home, this was particularly impactful for me. He is an incredible teacher with a wealth of knowledge, but perhaps more importantly, his energy is as warm and pure as it gets. My time with him in conjunction with the cleansing and purifying treatments themselves was exactly what I needed at that moment in time, as I had just come to the center after a particularly impactful spiritual journey and needed the appropriate space and support to help me integrate the experience.

The food… what can I say. It is authentic Ayurvedic food cooked with love, specifically for your needs to nurture you from the inside out. Delicious.

The center itself (treatment rooms, residence, reception, dining area etc) is impeccably clean and the rest of the support staff was also exceptional, helping in any way possible to make my stay more pleasant. On the morning of my departure Sanjay made sure I had food before my early morning flight and some extra apples for me to take on my journey… so sweet. The whole experience was incredibly personal and touching and I can’t remember ever being so attentively cared for in this way.

Leaving the center and in the days following, I feel so incredibly good. The Ayurvedic system of treating and caring for the entire human system… mind, body and spirit… is highly effective if done right. If you are thinking about doing a panchakarma or getting any sort of Ayurvedic care, it is well worth your while to come to Kathmandu and spend your time and money at Moksha, and after being there, I wouldn’t dream of getting Ayurvedic therapy anywhere else. There is absolutely no question that I will be back, and I look forward to it. Thank you Moksha team… you are all a real blessing.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed June 8, 2019

I stumbled upon Moksha Aryuveda & Panchakarma Center when I was living in Patan, and it was one of the best things that happened to me while there. Everyone who works there is kind, thoughtful and attentive. The doctor is very knowledgeable, and designs the wellness programs to serve each individual's unique needs. The massages are fantastic -- I highly recommend one with singing bowl therapy. I did a seven-day panchakarma program, and found it to be healing and eye-opening -- physically, mentally and emotionally. I've done aryuvedic treatments in the U.S. before, and found these to be so much more helpful. No matter how much or how little time you spend here, you're guaranteed to leave feeling renewed -- and like you've found a new family :)

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

J’ai suivi le blissful health program pendant 5 jours et je suis plus que ravie, le programme fut au delà de mes espérances. L’équipe de médecin, professeur de yoga, thérapeuthes et l’équipe se soutien sont fantastiques, professionnels et d’une gentillesse inouie. Le lieu est magnifiquement serein et paisible et les repas végétariens sont délicieux. C’est le plus beau cadeau que l’on peut se faire à soi-même, je le recommande à quiconque a besoin de se retrouver dans son corps et son esprit. Gros coup de coeur pour le cher Sanjay, excellent professeur de yoga, et qui se rend aussi disponible pour discuter de yoga, respirations, chacras. La semaine a passé beaucoup trop trop vite, j’ai déjà hâte de revenir pour faire un Panchakarma complet. Merci pour tout. Namasté, Catherine

I followed the blissful health program for 5 days and I am absolutely delighted. The program was beyond my expectation. The team of doctor, yoga teacher, therapists and the support staff are symply fantastic, professional and of an unheard-of kindness. The place is beautifully serene and peaceful, full of blooming flowers everywhere and the vegetarian meals are delicious. This is the best gift you can give yourself, I recommend it to anyone who needs to return to in a balanced body and mind. An especially big cher up fir dear Sanjay, excellent yoga teacher, and who is making himself available to discuss yoga, breathing, and chakras with each one of us. This makes us feel very special and important. The week has gone too fast, I can not wait to come back for a full Panchakarma. Thank you for everything. Namasté, Catherine

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

I visited the centre encouraged by the positive opinions on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. Super friendly staff, comprehensive medical consultation and a great massage. Will come back!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2018

We had yoga lessons and a whole body massage here (which was perfect after the trekking tour in the mountains!) and it was simply perfect! The team is great!
Doing yoga with director Sanjy was a deep and unforgettable experience! Thank you all!

Date of experience: December 2018