“No better views elsewhere!”
Review of Hotel View Point

Hotel View Point
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Nagarkot
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The hotel is situated on the top of Nagarkot which is a plus point except all. Foods are fine but not amazing obviously. On the top of the hotel there is a map of all the peaks of Himalayan range with names and heights so you won't be in confusion with the names. I didn't find the staffs in the dining room are so friendly! But the receptionist was kinda fine!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhythm D
There are newer reviews for Hotel View Point

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Frankly there have to be better options than staying in Nagarkot but if you do stay, go to one of the better rated hotels. The rooms are very basic, the facilities are almost non existent, the food is execrable but the view is great. Our room was near a balcony from which people checked out either the view or the photo of the view. Naturally everyone talked at the top of their voice regardless of whether we were sleeping or not. The view is the only thing to recommend this place. Otherwise, I agree with everything in the review by Denise 70 (although I didn't stay at the same time).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RomaPHILE33
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Excellent view of Everest! This is the hotel with the best view at Nagarkot. Nice wooden interior. Try getting a room in the top floor.

Room Tip: Select a room on the top floor. Rooms 135 - 145
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kaushik G
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The view, when I was there, was OK. Nothing to write home about. But this was at the end of a rough trip &, granted I was exhausted & ready to be home. It was sunny but with high overcast & the mountains were barely visible the entire time. It was also the last night of a 3 day trekking disaster from Chisopani & I was ready for some relief. Not to be had here, that's for sure! The hotel is a rambling series of buildings set on a steep hill, with the restaurant somewhat near the top. There are many sets of stairs, some are like metal fire-escapes.

We stayed 2 nights (a real mistake, but could not change it). We had 2 different rooms. The first was a great location, at the top, with a little balcony & (at times, I'm sure) a stunning view. The bathroom had no hot water, the smell of mold was absolutely pervasive, the bathroom sink did not connect to the drain pipe so the water just flowed onto the floor. Before my trekking guide abandoned me here, she assured me someone would come fix the hot water. It never happened, but I wouldn't have taken a shower in that room anyway. It was one of the worst I'd seen in terms of filth. We were awakened in the morning by people right outside our room, waiting for the sunrise & hoping for mountain views. Talking loudly, shouting ... no way to sleep, so I joined them, hoping for a view. The mountains were extremely distant, not like in the photos at all. Hazy, & we could barely make them out before the white sun rose enough to obscure them again. Our balcony was crowded w/ people taking pictures -- twice someone actually walked into our room to check it out (the door only latched from the inside). They only spoke Chinese & I only speak English, but I'm sure they understood my wrath at having them simply walk into my room.

The restaurant breakfast was a cacophony of people scrambling for tables & elbowing for not-so-great buffet food. It was nourishment, that's all I can say. Lunch & Dinner could be ordered from the menu for the most part. You can eat on the deck or inside. We went for an early dinner & we were handed a menu. When I went to order, however, I was told that I could not order dinner because they were serving a Nepali buffet for dinner, which would not start for another 90 minutes. Hmmm ... OK. So I had a beer & bread for dinner. I really didn't want to see what was on their Nepali Buffet ... I'd seen enough of those by that point. And I hadn't seen other restaurants I really wanted to try in my walk through Nagarkot.

Our second room was lower down, much smaller (as in claustrophobic w/ barely enough room for the 2 twin beds), still had a nice view, &, thankfully, hot water & a shower I could use.

The road from Nagarkot to Kathmandu is paved & a super highway compared to the road from Nagarkot to Jhule & Chisopani. That "not so good" road is little more than a goat path, fine for trekking, but not for 4x4. If you go to Nagarkot, make it a one nighter only. And hopefully you can find a better place than this one. Seems to me it was only about 90 minutes from Bhaktapur to Nagarkot, so you could make it a day trip. That's what I recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise70
Reviewed March 30, 2012

For Nepal the price for a deluxe room was exorbitant, but you must pay for the view which is absolutely magnificent. The room was small and we never did figure out how to get hot water, so no shower. Unless you have a car you are pretty much stuck there and the food is very average. It was very cold, below freezing, and we were brought a portable heater with only one working element of three - very little comfort. At dinner we sat by a fire that gave us heat, but also filled the room with smoke.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gpotvin
Reviewed March 1, 2012

It's in top of the hill and the view is really amazing, but you should forget about take a shower that night you stay there! The bathroom is smelly and it's not clean enough. so it's better to just enjoy the hotel's view and the balconies in hotel and walk around hotel.
For us it's tolerable, because we arrived there at 5 pm and left at 10am after breakfast. We stay there just for sunrise view and walking around hotel in the dark! It was enjoyable!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maryam J
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed for a night but I changed my mind after when I found worse service ever I saw so I leave the hotel even I planned to stay 2 nights.that night i cant forget, hole night i fight with Mosquito.

Room Tip: dont ever choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple