Hotels.com
eDreams
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
All reviews room service indian cuisine butter chicken single bed international airport open space hot water annapurna range terrace sunrise himalayas views everest
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Its a place of beauty calm and peace. Combined with the exxccccccccccccceeeeeeellllent infrastructure of the Fort Resort it was a lifetime experience.
The cottages were excellent with all the ambeince and facilities. Staff was as coll as the place ,gooood service.The are of the hotel was enough to enjoy the excellence of Nature. Coupled with rain and a good cup of tea everyone enjoyed alot. Food was as good but a bit expensive but you do not pain to loose your pocket for such an experience.
Take a break for Nagarkot and be fresh for whole year.

Room tip: Take a cottage
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank drpmisra
Reviewed June 23, 2012

serene place, good views of the himlayan mountain range, sunrise and sunset point, very helpful staff, cozy room for family, quiet place to relax, well maintained cottages , lush green garden with butterflies around, perhaps best value for money on our entire trip. Worth visiting again and again. Trekking was even an experience.. Good food, hospitality was ozzing from the manager as well as the entire staff. If you want relaxation, best place to go ahead.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Katyayni
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I cannot advise people strongly enough to think twice before booking a room here. I booked a double room and, given other people'c complaints below about being given a twin, I sought promises that I would be provide with a double. When I arrived we were allocated a twin room. When I asked why the double room I had been promised was not available the manager said that the booking office was based in Kathmnadu and they didn't know what was available at the hotel - TAKE NOTE!

I live in Nepal and I know the value of US$80 in this country and I have stayed in some wonderful, clean and well managed places for much much less (i.e. the amazing and pristine Butterfly Lodge in Pokhara for $18 per room per night). The room we were given was dirty, the tiny bathroom smelt mouldy, the carpets were stained, the tables were marked and thick with dust, the whole thing was a lesson in grim - all for $80.

To top it all the staff and manager were surly and unhelpful throughout and made absolutely no effort to address my concerns other than push the twin beds together and say that that the room was now a double. The attitude of the staff meant we packed our stuff and left. We ended up in a lovely place for NPR1,200 ($18) down the road called EcoHome. Welcoming staff, cosy and bright room and clean and well maintained room. The EcoHome restaurant was also lovely.

Visitor be warned: you are being royally ripped off in the Fort "Resort". Please see my photos attached to see what I mean.

Room tip: Do NOT book one.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank Gendun
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel offers best views. But the resort has seen better days. It is old and needs some renovation. The staff friendliness is average. They have to come down with the rates if they dont invest in a refreshment.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank JonasBern
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel which is about 2,000 metres above sea level and offers beautiful views on a clear day of the distant Annapurna ranges in the west. Langtang range in the centre and Mt Everest in the east. We stayed in the main building and there were cottages around the lower hotel grounds. You can access the top of the main building to see the sunset and sunrise. The hotel has a garden where you can have your afternoon tea and enjoy the beautiful flowers and clean air. There were candles in our room and electricity was shut down during our dinner in the restaurant. The black-out affects the whole hotel and lasted till about 10.30 pm. Water quality was good. We have western food for lunch and it was good. Dinner was western buffet.

Date of stay: May 2012