Hotel Country Villa
The Fort Resort(Nagarkot)
$77
$72
Agoda.com
Hotel at the End of the Universe(Nagarkot)(Great Value!)
$19
$90
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerbeautiful viewhot watermind blowingnatural beautynepal standardswatch the sunriseroom balconyhimalayan rangecomfortable roomsstayed here for one nightamazing sunriseclear viewnice balconygreat hospitalityamazing experiencevisit nepal
Reviewed November 29, 2009

The view from the room was amazing, fantastic. That is where the good things end. The bed is absolutely terrible, the mattress is as thick as a slice of bread and is on solid wood which provided a very uncomfortable nights sleep and had to use a few pillows to lie on just to get to sleep. I also got food poisoning on my second night which I had to endure for the next week whilst travelling through other countries which made those experiences much harder to enjoy.

Definitely stay away if you like a good nights sleep and enjoy good health.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2009

A Travel agancy arranged this hotel for me.
I like the lodge style accommodation. There are coffee bar and bar near reception, which looks good.

As it is in the mountain, maybe you shouldn't expect hot water shower. When I tried to take a shower at night, unfortunately, it was a little warm.... far from hot. To my surprise, hair dryer is equipped here, though.
My room was 1XX, but reception desk is located on 3rd or 4th level (this is where main entrance is), I had to go far down to get to my room. If you carry heavy stuff, you could ask any help of staff. I had to bring up all the way my suitcase, but a staff was willing to help me.

As I stayed here only 1 night, I have no idea as to how lunch is provided here.
Breakfast and dinner was served buffet style. If you stay here, you probably won't have a choice, you have to eat here unless you drive a car. There is nothing around. I honestly wasn't super hungry, so I skipped dinner but it looked plentiful. (759rupee per person)
Conversely, it looked too much for a person who was just slightly peckish. I wish they could serve a la carte, as well. Otherwise, you better bring instant noodle with you !?

Instead, I savoured breakfast next morning. Cereal, toast, congee,fruits, veg, omlette, sausage,,,,, (served from 7:00) Unfortunately, mountain range was fully covered with thick cloud or fog. If you are lucky, you can enjoy your meal with spectacular and panoramic view.
yes, country villa is located in one of the best spot for mountain view.

This hotel is ranked in three star, but I would say that this hotel is over my expectation. I honestly was not expecting so much in this village or kind of in the mountain !?

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank mamacita1001
Reviewed October 29, 2009

The hotel was simple yet elegantly located in one of the world's best viewpoint to see the grandeur of Mt. Everest. The room where I stayed was modestly kept and maintained. Service was okay though it needs improvement. One particular incident was when I discovered that the telephone in my room wasn't working, I had to get out and walk at 10deg C at night to report it to the reception (which was almost 3 floors up). To my disappointment, nobody even checked on the telephone! Anyhow I got a good view of the sunrise and some glimpse of the mountain range as well as the low-lands within Nagarkot. Despite the neglect, I would still recommend this place just for the value of the rooms and the nice view.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I booked this hotel and payed up one week before my stay online. When i emailed them on the free pickup from airport, there is no reply from them at all. And when you tried calling their hotel number, rest assured no one will answered the phone. Stayed there for 2 days, and realised if you need any assistance, there is always no one at the reception!!! Its almost an impossible task trying to get hold of the front desk manager. And when you finally locate the manager, you be disappointed with their service delivery. I was in the middle of a conversation with him seeking some advice on slight seeing, and guess what? He answered half way and next moment he is talking to another of his staff. It gives us an impression that they are unwilling to help you in any query. Also wireless is 24 hours not working during my 2 days stay there!!!no wonder never get email reply from them. View is not bad though....but service sucks and it can really damaged your holiday mood. Definitely not a ideal place for couples!

John trekker

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FloridaTrekkers
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Stayed at this hotel half way through a trek what a top spot .views are magnificent .The hotel is very clean and service is excellent .nice hot showers and plenty of space in bedrooms . can not comment on cost as it was in the price of my tour .try to stay away from internet and overseas calls bit dear on Nepal standards..
But a realy nice place to stay .

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends