- Awesome view of the mountains from my room
- Friendly, helpful and polite, if rustic and English-challenged
- Clean, comfy moderately appointed rooms (no minibar, no room service, no bottled water...)
- Tech challenged (Very slow Internet, only in the lobby)
- Quaintly laid out with plenty of places to hang out and relax
- Terrible, terrible food
Club Himalaya has everything going for it except the food and beverage management, which is terrible. Tiny buffet with badly cooked food, obvious leftover food rotation happening, staff untrained in food hygiene (replacing soiled cutlery without cleaning, cook at buffet picking nose...). I reached one morning and had the bad luck to pick out food from the buffet that had probably gone off. Was down with an upset tummy that night onwards for the next three days I was there, without having eaten anyplace else.
Additionally roaming from India (or perhaps it's Nepal) is terribly expensive with Internet costs being USD 12.5 per MB.
If they can fix their F&B, Club Himalaya will probably be one of the nicest places I've been to. Without this, given the lack of other nearby options, I can only suggest avoiding Club Himalaya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in TIME Magazine (Liam McMillan, December 10, 2001) as a "Hot Spot" of the world, the Club Himalaya ( 32 kilometers East of Kathmandu) has earned local and international reputation. Superbly situated atop of a lush-green hill at a majestic elevation of 7200 ft, Club Himalaya offers an unrestricted 360˚ view of: Annapurna in the west to the mighty Everest in the East, Kathmandu valley and thick forests. Each room opens to a private balcony, where guests can enjoy the most splendid sunrise and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Club Himalaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Himalaya Hotel Nagarkot