“Great service!”
Review of Resort Eco Home

Resort Eco Home
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Nagarkot
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice cozy rooms with a battery operated light for times of power cut. Very well taken of by Semanta and his team. I was having traveller's diarrhea and Semanta made sure I was well hydrated with oral rehydration salts. Roof top terrace has a nice view, and the staff even makes the effort of waking you up for the sunrise!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank O_Q_Liang

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was a fantastic find up in the mountains, and a most welcome treat after lots of travel. Best cup of masala tea I had in all of Nepal and India. Semanta and staff are so helpful and accommodating, and the rooms were comfy, clean, and warm. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anneliese C
Reviewed March 10, 2014

During our visit to Nepal in Feb,we stay there for one night (should have stay more nights).We are the on guest during that night.The room although small and basic, but very cozy.Really love it.The service are excellent (with the rate they charge). The dining hall was really really nice,with a great fire place.The food simply excellent,especially the tukphaand the mushroom soup. The bonus is the view from a temple situated just behind the hotel (within walking distance),really spectacular,definitely will stay there if we ever visit nagarkot again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ngeesheong
Reviewed February 16, 2014

What a wonderful experience. From the start everything was perfect. Friendly staff and Semantha meeting me and my wife. We never slept cold at night. In the afternoon there was always hot water because of the solar system. what a great idea to safe power to a poor friendly,loveable nation.there are very little restaurants where you are allowed so see your food prepared. Nothing to hide. Great fresh food. Worthwile waiting for it! From the rooftop you can enjoy a warm cup of chai and a stunning view of the village and the mountains. The fire in the evening was wonderfull. There some good experiences came out and helpfull information about the area. Thanks and keep up the good things in life. Keep smiling!!!

Room Tip: any room will be good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andries B
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The room we stayed was clean and big. The hot water did not work. Had to ask for a bucket of hot water to wash. The staff was very friendly. Eating area was big and they made a fire for the evening which was nice. None of the rooms have a view to the mountains or the rooftop. A couple minutes hike up to a little temple area was the best spot to see the mountains.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank gpaudel
Semanta P, Owner at Resort Eco Home, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate that you took your time to write a review to give us
the chance to improve, thank you very much and we are happy that
you liked the room, the restaurant and the fire in the evening.

We all remember you well and we highly appreciate your children as
actually they were chosing Eco Home, they liked it very much after
seeing other hotels in Nagarkot. At the same time we are sorry that the weather
was not very nice and there was not enough sun to heat the water by
our solar panels so we had to provide you hot water in buckets.

Due to the bad weather at that time also the mountains were hiding behind
clouds so you did not have a mountain view from the room balcony or our roof
top terrace.We apologise for your inconvenience and we will do our best to serve
you very well during your hopefully sunny stay next time.

With kind regards and good wishes to your whole family

Semanta, Anita and Eco Home team

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Only stayed for 1 night after flying in from England & Delhi. Plane was delayed nearly 2 hours but the driver sat and waited. Use their driver as he knows the roads and they are pretty crazy.
Really friendly staff and basic but good facilities.
On the way to the airport the driver took me to a look out point which was excellent.
Thanks guys

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Chall1234
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I just returned from 4 days spent in Nagarkot and in this resort. Due to pollution and smog in kathmandu I got sick and had to leave to find fresh air. Nagarkot seemed like a good idea. I am so happy I went and that I booked this amazing place. First, it is very appealing, very nicely done and decorated, the architecture, the river stones, rocks used in the design - very pleasing.
Now, what blew me away completely was the SERVICE. Oh my lord, I could not believe it… I travel a lot and I do not remember last time anybody took such a good care of me, i.e. the customer. The food cooked from fresh ingredients daily, the friendliness, anything you need just ask, any advice, any hike, need a taxi, need Tylenol, need hot water bottle, extra blanket etc… It does not matter, they do it for you and with a smile and with incredible friendliness. I was actually sad to leave that's how great my stay was.
So THANK YOU all at Resort Eco Home.
I will see you next year :-)
Thanks,
Marketa.

Room Tip: all rooms have views, all rooms have little veranda, there is a massive rooftop terrace, 100 meters...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo