“AMAZING EXPERIENCE!”
Review of Resort Eco Home

Resort Eco Home
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Nagarkot
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I just returned from 4 days spent in Nagarkot and in this resort. Due to pollution and smog in kathmandu I got sick and had to leave to find fresh air. Nagarkot seemed like a good idea. I am so happy I went and that I booked this amazing place. First, it is very appealing, very nicely done and decorated, the architecture, the river stones, rocks used in the design - very pleasing.
Now, what blew me away completely was the SERVICE. Oh my lord, I could not believe it… I travel a lot and I do not remember last time anybody took such a good care of me, i.e. the customer. The food cooked from fresh ingredients daily, the friendliness, anything you need just ask, any advice, any hike, need a taxi, need Tylenol, need hot water bottle, extra blanket etc… It does not matter, they do it for you and with a smile and with incredible friendliness. I was actually sad to leave that's how great my stay was.
So THANK YOU all at Resort Eco Home.
I will see you next year :-)
Thanks,
Marketa.

Room Tip: all rooms have views, all rooms have little veranda, there is a massive rooftop terrace, 100 meters...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank czech22
There are newer reviews for Resort Eco Home

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We absolutely loved this place from the staff to the food and our room everything was wonderful. We will come back! Our daughter was spoiled by the host, Samanta with offerings of warm water bottles when she went to bed to extra blankets. Thank you everyone that took such great care of us. The food here is made to order so be patient, it is worth it. The best Dal Baht that I have had in Nepal!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carowhittaker
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have just stayed for two nights in the Resort Eco Home. It's very clean and functional, it has hot water (always nice after a long day's walk) but, after reading previous reviews, I was expecting something a bit more special. Non of the rooms have a view since there is a hotel the other side of the road, the food is slow and not so different to what you can get elsewhere (it's good though) and the staff not overly friendly or knowledgeable about the region's walks or best view points. Finally, the roof terrace was charmless whilst I was there with only one table and two chairs. I would say a comfortable and restful stay but I would stay at the Alpine Resort opposite next time, more charm and better view even if less slick.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Marc F
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed for 1 night with a friend to get out of the city. Very welcoming and relaxing. Rooms are simple but very comfortable and clean and the food was delicious especially the poridge for breakfast. Would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Two nights in Eco at the end of our trip in Nepal, definitely worth the trip.
We were welcomed by smiling helpful hosts, had three course meals by the open fire and spoilt by the breath taking views.
Great way to remember our time here away from the city life.
Facilities are very clean, great service, food is very tasty and fresh, we loved spending our last days here.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Renee R
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The rooms are simple, beautiful and comfortable - and the hot water actually works, a rarity in Nepal. Also a rarity was the fact that there was no trace of that damp smell so pervasive in hotel rooms in the area. The room and bathroom were absolutely spotless.

Even if you're not staying there, I recommend visiting just for the food. The breakfast was the best I had in Nepal (and the restaurant's location in the terrace is another plus). The best hotel I stayed in during my month-long holiday in the area. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Eco Resort Home in Nagarkot for 3 nights. Its a nice and comforting place.
The best Dal-Bhaat I had in Nepal and freshly prepared with local produce. I loved the eco-sustainable decisions of the resort such as collecting rain water, using solar power, using fresh & local vegetables. You ca check out any time you like if your room is not booked by someone else. We stayed here after we did the Everest Base Camp Trek and was just the perfect place to laze around, read a few books, explore the quaint town of Nagarkot and recharge ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple