“Reunion”

Great Room, Great price, clean,clean,clean
wonderful staff

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ronnie2cu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Athens, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

I had made a reservation through the 1-800-holiday number for a room with 2 queens which was a very reasonable rate. When I arrived, the desk clerk said they didn't have that type room and he changed it to a king bed and raised the rate by $20! We had a serious discussion and I assured him that the non-availability was THEIR problem, not mine. I reminded him that I had made my reservation through the Holiday Inn 800# and he said "They don't work HERE." When I refused to sign the increased rate and I refused to leave, he made a phone call and then he "found" a room with 2 queens (said it was showing as dirty but it really wasn't.) The next morning we found it almost impossible to turn the water on in the shower. When I checked out, I asked if management was there and was told they were not. The desk clerk (a different one) asked if he could help. When I explained my concern he stated that the night desk clerk was correct and that I would have had to pay the higher rate if they had not found the correct room. He then said something to the effect that the room was probably just showing "dirty." This really made me think that maybe this was standard practice at this hotel in order to get a higher rate. When told that I was going to contact the manager and Holiday Inn, he was very flipiant and basically said "Do that!" I sent an e-mail to the manager after I left and she assured me that I was correct and that the clerk just didn't know how to override the charge. She also indicated she was going to talk to both desk clerks. A word to the wise - Check your rate and hold you position if someone tries to change the rate on you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Delynsmom
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

Nice folks at the desk and room was clean but ... hot tub broken; bed hard and had teeny-tiny pillows; half-empty conditioner bottle left on tray with new shampoo; cranky A/C left us hot about 3 a.m. and we didn't want to dress or move rooms at that hour so we just suffered; urban blight view; breakfast bar had bagels but no cream cheese; a woman who appeared to work there stood blocking tiny tea/coffee area about 10 minutes as she endlessly sweetened and stirred her coffee; leaving by front door meant passing by pack of smokers, at least one of them an employee. Amenities other reviews mention, cookies, etc., never experienced any of that, mostly just a bad night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank papertravel
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

loved this hotel, clean and comfy beds, clean bathroom, not the best location but worth the money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed one night to attend a business meeting the next morning in El Dorado. We flew into Little Rock and drove to town. This hotel was located in the outskirts of El Dorado so it’s away from shops or restaurants. But because of that it likely offered me a good night’s sleep (not that El Dorado’s night life is bustling). As far as I saw from the outside, this hotel along with the Super 8 motel next door are the newer accommodations available in the town.

The small check in lobby was adjacent to the breakfast area and offering welcome cookies (chocolate chip?). While we were checking in, we heard happy children’s voice and laughter from their indoor swimming pool across from the lobby.

As soon as we entered the room, we noticed odor (chemical/medicine type) – it was coming from the bathroom. But we got accustomed to the odor with in 15 minutes or so and forgot about it. My husband’s guess was that it was a smell from a septic tank but he wasn’t sure. I am usually sensitive to smell but it didn’t cause me any a headache or nausea fortunately.
The room size was a bit smaller considering the location but adequate. Free Wi-Fi was offered and the connection was easy and fast according to my husband.

This hotel offered us reasonable accommodations in this small town. Although the odor didn’t bother me too much, it did alarm me and I would have preferred that it wasn’t there – so I am giving it 3 instead of 4.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

Clean. Comfortable. Relaxing. Desk clerk was pleasant and accommodating to out of town guests. Cookies were a great, unexpected treat. Overall, quiet, out of the way place.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in El Dorado in late December. We walked in and checked in easily and even received a discount. We went up to our room and it was positively wonderful. We had a fridge and microwave. We had very comfortable beds with the view of the quiet parking lot. We couldn't hear anything in our room which I loved. The TV had a wide variety of channels. The bathroom was nice and clean with plenty of room. We then went down to the indoor pool, but the pool heater was broken. The kids liked it some how, and kept getting in the hot tub and getting back in the pool. I loved how they bake cookies in the afternoon and provide an Arkansas Gazette daily. The fruit, hot chocolate, oatmeal, and coffee are a nice plus. (Since there free) The exercise facility was nice, but small. Which it didn't matter since there were only 10 rooms filled that night. The breakfast area was of reasonable size and was clean. When we asked for something we received it. The breakfast was good,(and free) which included sausage, gravy, biscuits, eggs, cinnamon rolls, pastries, and fruit. Juice was also served buffet style. We checked out with a breeze from such a quiet location, but a little far from restaurants. I will return to this Holiday Inn Express in El Dorado,Ar!

• Liked — The EXPRESS START breakfast and fast, free WiFi Internet. Also the computer room.
  • Disliked — The distance to restaurants.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Louisiana_Man_88