“Avoid this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in El Dorado
Rogers
“Avoid this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here recently when all of the other hotels were booked. When I checked in, I learned that there was no elevator. I am a business traveler so I had a bag, a computer bag loaded with stuff and some shirts on a hanger. I managed to drag the stuff up the stairs. My room seemed OK but the place smelled of Carpet Fresh. When I flushed the toilet, the whole handle fell off. I called the front desk and they agree to switch me to a new room but the lady wanted me to drag all of my stuff down there (no elevator) to switch keys. After I mentioned the lack of an elevator,she agreed to let me come down and get the key and then move my stuff and return the original key to her.

The new room was alright but is was missing the number on the door. It clearly had fallen off and never been replaced. Fortunately, you can look to the rooms on either side to see what room you are at. This room, just like the first room had mold in the shower stall and curtain. Not terribly uncommon in budget hotels but not what you want to see either. This rooms toilet seat lid was also cracked.

The next morning I went to run on their treadmill and found three mismatched pieces of equipment. It looked like someone had bought them at a yard sale. The TV remote control didn't work in the room but I was able to reach the TV to change the channel. The treadmill was filthy. A lot of treadmills have a pocket on the right and left of the screen. This one had what appeared to be a handful of crumbs caked into the right one. It clearly had not been cleaned in a long time. In addition, the treadmill belt was so loose that you could not safely run on it.

I had three dealings with front desk personnel and none of these ladies should be working in customer service. Two of them were on personnel calls while dealing with actual hotels guests. The last lady I spoke with asked me how my stay was when I was getting my bill to check out. When I politely told her of the problems, she didn't say a word and just gave me the bill. Se clearly didn't want to deal with it or apologize or simply didn't know how to.

I did call La Quinta's customer service number (which I never do) just to tell them that they need to fix some things here and they were very nice. They comped my stay which was the only service that I received.

Bottom line: This should be a last resort location if you have cannot find someplace else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I'm really happy with the decision to try the La Quinta Inn El Dorado out. Normally I stay at one of the budget hotels and my sleep is disturbed by noises. Not once did I hear any noises in the middle of the night or early mornings during my stay here.

Breakfast was great. Bed was very comfortable. Parking spots are oversized.

The hallway did smell a little like cigarette smoke, but once I got in my room I didn't smell anything unusal. I had a ground floor room and didn't hear anybody above me during my stay. The wifi was excellent.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel is located in a small town but the service was excellent and the rooms in great shape. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was clean. Great bargain!

• Stayed January 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

After reading reviews of hotels in El Dorado, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleased with the hotel. Rooms very comfortable, clean and well maintained. Microwave and refrigerator in room was certainly good to have. I will stay here on my next trip to El Do.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel was easy to locate. The parking was good. The service was efficient. The breakfast was a cold breakfast, but there were several choices to choose from. The one BIG drawback: it was noisy!!! You could hear the guests upstairs walking around and the slamming of doors next door! Thus, I did not have a very restful night.

• Stayed October 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

Stayed here with my wife on February 2 - 3, 2011. Nice rooms, comfortable bed, flat screen tvs (although no HD), sliding door leading to a balcony, fridge and microwave, recliner...pretty much everything one would need. And it's an excellent price. This is where I'll be staying when in El Dorado from now on.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

My father and I decided to stay here after reading that it was number 1 on tripadvisor. We ended up spending the evening looking out our window at the Hampton across the street which looked much nicer. The beds were not very comfortable and the hallways reaked of smoke. On the other hand, our room smelled as strong as the inside of a bottle of Lysol. In the end, the only thing we liked was the price.

• Stayed January 2011