“Can't beat the price or the service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Dorado EconoLodge

El Dorado EconoLodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in El Dorado
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Can't beat the price or the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have family in El Dorado, and although I don't live too terribly far away, I sometimes stay at the Econolodge. It is an older hotel, but it is always clean and I cannot say enough about how courteous the management is. My little ones particularly enjoy the indoor swimming pool. It's not really large, but it's clean, warm and the atmosphere is nice. After staying at this location, I do not look for anything else when staying overnight in El Dorado.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am writing this email to post a complaint. I am not sure if this will help, but felt a need to report this motel. The photos on the website for this location are very misleading, they must have been taken when the motel was brand new. The motel was very run down and looked nothing like I was expecting. I felt unsafe to say the least. The door to my room had a crack all the way around. The room furniture was nasty and had stains on them, the bed was very uncomfortable and the room smelled like an old bar room. The hot tube was taped off and not working, the pool looked unsafe and unclean. I really wish I had taken photos to post here. Who would I need to contact about getting my money back? My stay here was a complete rip-off.

Room Tip: Visit the motel before booking a room here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam W

Travelers are raving about these El Dorado hotels

Ft Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I use the Corporate Lodging Card and there are only 3 properties in El Dorado that take the card and this is the only one that had truck parking so my choices were very limited.

True, this is an older property that has seen its better days, but it was clean. When I sat on the edge of the bed, i kind of sunk into the bed. Im thinking this is going to be very uncomfortable as I prefer a stiff bed but I actually slept very well.

I ate at the Mexican restaurant that is on site and it was pretty good.

If I have to stay the night in the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

the lowest rating i have ever had on ahotel by far. and i stay at hotels 4-5 times a week. all year long. all around the country. ranging from double tree hilton to this dump. i started my choice rewards with this place long ago when i startedmy job and moved to el do. anytime i pass this place, i get mad. both times i stayed was due to snow covering the roads and not being able to drive basically anywhere due to company policies. the holiday inn next door was packed. along with everything elae in the city. so, there i was. the rooms are actually decent size, but they are paper thin. and some of the people staying there like to play cards in the hallways till 5am. id say something to their face, but im one guy against a solid 15. yea. i shut my eyes and listened to the loud ac all night/ morning. atleast my truck wasnt hurt during everything. the front desk lady was mad because i walked in while her show was on tv i guess. she said what you want and here take this. i remeber those words exactly. i could go on and on but there is no sense. i hate this place with a passion. will never go back even if they pay me, ever. D rating. ac did work good though. i used my blanket all night

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norfolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Security? It's a joke! Women were knocking on my door at three in the morning wanting to "use the phone." Film over the pool as well as the "hot tub." Breakfast consisted of pecan rolls and cockroaches. This property keeps changing its' franchise affiliation....BEWARE! You are better off sleeping in your car....

Room Tip: Sleep in your car!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Read some bad reviews about this hotel and didnt expect much however Stayed here recently for a week and found the room to be clean everyday and staff very friendly and helpful. Good value for the money. Would stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I wasn't looking to pay 5 star rates, and wasn't expecting that level of service either. However, my room was very clean, and the staff got me what I needed, when I needed it, and with a smile! I gave it this rating because they exceeded what I was expecting for the rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business