“Unique and Charming!”

Union Square Guest Quarters
Ranked #1 of 2 El Dorado B&B and Inns
“Unique and Charming!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I've never stayed anywhere quite like Union Square Guest Quarters. The room we stayed in was very spacious, clean, and had a balcony on two sides. While relaxing on the balcony at night, we enjoyed live music from a local restaurant/bar. Though the room had modern amenities, it held true to it's history. Their breakfast was served from a train car, which is consistent with the style of the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of a string of inviting shops and restaurants. Union Square Guest Quarters is unique and charming.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IndecisivePlanner
Joanie H, Manager at Union Square Guest Quarters, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I’m glad you enjoyed the balcony. It is nice to sit outside at night with the lights and music. Thank you so much for the review, and for choosing to stay with us! Joanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have stayed here three different times, in three different rooms. Awesome. Could not ask for more. No mini refrigerator in last room, but hey! Small town with big city accommodations. Just do it here.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I’m glad you have enjoyed staying in the different rooms. We do not have mini refrigerators in all the rooms, but let me know next time you visit us and we will “just do it here”! :-) Thanks again, we do appreciate you! Joanie
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Have you ever been to El Dorado? If not , do yourself a favor and stay here. It is downtown near the shops,restaurants and limited nightlife. The balcony room was all you can ask for!! Cindy was a real teat to work with and we really enjoyed the cozy continental breakfast.

This is not your normal Delta town, It reminded me of Bedford Falls of "Its a Wonerful Life" fame!

Room Tip: get the room with a balcony. very spacious and fun.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently had a chance to visit the small town, El Dorado, where I spent a majority of my upbringing. I've only been back a few times since my college days and had no idea which place I was going to stay. I heard other friends had previously stayed at the Guest Quarters in downtown and that they enjoyed their time there. I was able to make a reservation by calling and was given a really wonderful room, actually a 1 bedroom apartment, along with a huge terrace facing the courthouse. I wish I hadn't traveled solo, as this was the kind of place I would have liked to have shared with someone. Fortunately, my friends were put into another amazing apartment next door and we shared drinks on the terrace with a few other friends on our first night of our stay. To be honest, this was my first stay at a bed & breakfast type, I normally stay at hotels, resorts, or private apartments. Maybe that's why I was surprised by the size and grandeur of it. The place had a full kitchen, large living room, huge bedroom and a nice size bath. It looked like it was a part of a century old southern mansion with exquisite decor and historical paintings and photographs hung on the richly colored walls. This is a type of place that you can spend several days or weeks in. This is at the center of a small town, with some of its best dining, shopping, and nightlife available within a few blocks of the Quarters. The service was fine and the rooms were very clean (only minor discoloration or rust on the bathroom floor) for an older property. Wi-fi was available, and breakfast was in the middle of the property in an old railroad car. If you want a swimming pool or a gym on the property, then this may not be your place, but if you want to relax and in an old-fashioned room and experience what this small town has to offer for a few days, this is your place. Even if it's twice the price of other options in town it's still definitely worth it.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the right type of room when you book, there are several great options for different...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NycAlex_k
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We live in Central Arkansas and wanted a quiet getaway for the weekend. Union Square Guest Quarters was a wonderful place to stay. Most of the rooms are quite large and several of them have balconies. Breakfast is included and served in a old boxcar.
There is a health and fitness center two blocks away that is free to hotel guests.
The only thing that puzzled us was that most of the room have only queen size beds, not kings. Also, if you have trouble with stairs, be sure you ask for a room on the ground floor as the stairs are steep and there is no elevator.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jonesycrush
Dunn, North Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here two nights on business. I only wish I'd been able to enjoy breakfast and the work-out facility. My room was luxurious. Large sitting/sleeping room, super large bathroom/dressing area, two balconies with chairs overlooking downtown. Comfortable bed, clean room. Only complaints--there was a beer bottle from a previous guest left on the balcony, housekeeping must have missed it. And when there wasn't any extra toilet paper in a colleague's room we had to call the owner for more. When she came by with the extra roll I told her about the bottle, and she said she had someone new cleaning the rooms...but didn't then go get the bottle.

While we were there I had an issue with one of my eyes and had to see an eye doctor after-hours in a state far from my own... The eye doctor was lovely and prompt--opened the office at 7:30 PM for me. We also fell in love with Marilyn's bar at the old town theatre. Barkeep there was a very nice guy.

This is the ONLY place worth staying in ElDorado. I'm sure of it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JRaeJ
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Air Race Team DC3 stayed at the USGQ on our last stop before the race terminus, each team member getting her own room. What a fabulous stay! The rooms were spacious, furnished with lovely antique period furniture (modern, comfy baths - we all enjoyed luxuriating in our bubble baths). We were able to gather in one of our rooms for some strategic flight planning - plenty of room to spread out.

Breakfast down in the vintage railroad car was delish - the whole staff was absolutely accommodating and couldn't be more pleasant. I accidentally left my race folder when we left, and Julie the mgr kindly sent it home to me at no charge - thanks Julie! We loved our stay at the USGQ and had the best time in El Dorado, AR. Who knew?

Room Tip: Room 12 overlooks the town - really fun!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business