“Most traumatic hotel stay ever!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Dorado
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in El Dorado
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in town for my grandfather's funeral with my husband and 3 kids. I booked a 2 bed suite so that we would have enough room if family wanted to stop by for a visit. Upon first glance of the room, other than being stale and musty seemed to be ok. Then we quickly realized that not one of the 3 doors worked properly. You couldn't open the bathroom without brute force, the door separating the living and bed area had shifted and would not fully close, nor would the main front door shut completely without! I stayed a total of 4 nights and my bill was $610.96....Yikes!!! We didn't even complain about the doors and the smells because I was mourning a tragic loss and it really would have just been a hassle. We check out, and head out to day our goodbyes..... when I get a phone call about an hour later. It was the country inn, they were accusing me of stealing 1 pillow and 1 blanket, that I had left the room disheveled, and that they would be charging my credit card $200 for damages. I was so upset and embarrassed to even be in this situation. I left my family and went back to straighten this all out. The lady behind the desk was one of the cleaning ladies,but also apparently the owner, and after night 2 of my stay, came in to change sheets, vacuum, etc... I even have staff members confirming my small piling of towels and trash by the front room door everyday for maid service as a courtesy to them. I asked to be let back in my room to take pics and offerred for her to check my neatly packed trunk for her missing scratchy blanket and stained pillow. I ALWAYS bring our own favorite pillows and blankets because I never use comforters at hotels! In the end I stood my ground, called the police and would not leave. I was eventually refunded and she can now move on to her next victim to charge and harass! I will never forget this experience and hope to at least warn others that this can happen to you : (

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank whit1984hippie
cx_elar, Property Consultant at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ila or Raj Patel.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We checked in to the Country Inn @ Suites and the A/C was running on High with the thermostat set on 67, but the room wasn't very cool. We decided to go out to dinner and give the room time to cool down. Two hours later, we came in and the room still wasn't cool, but the A/C was still going. We called to report the A/C not cooling. They changed our room. We got comfortable in the new room (with working A/C), then turned on the TV. The TV did not work. We called down to report the TV not working. After about 30 minutes, they came to "reprogram" the TV. It wasn't the worst hotel ever, but it wasn't good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank afortn
cx_elar, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I have addressed this with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

To discuss your stay further, please contact me at your convenience.

Ila Patel

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband was getting ready to leave and go back to duty, we weren't going to see each other for a long time. So we decided to stay here, based on the reviews. We got a jacuzzi suite to spice things up. The Jacuzzi had dead bugs in it, the toilet was flithy and the door to the room had been open for a week, the lock didn't even work, the receptionist informed me that the room hasn't been checked in a week. They gave us another room, this room had cold water in the shower all day. I had to bath in the Jacuzzi because the water was hot in it, but the jacuzzi had a leak, the remote control was taped together and the refrigerator was stinky from some that had spilled. I was soooooo disappointed. This hotel would not be a bad hotel if they would pay attention to detail. The manager DID refund my $141 back, and offered me a free nights stay. I told her to keep the free room, I would never ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Please check your room before you pay, to make sure it's clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amy s
cx_elar, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ila Patel

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful staff, clean rooms, hot breakfast, indoor pool exercise room could not have stayed at a better hotel. I would stay here again and I highly recommend you stay here if you are in the area. The staff really makes you feel like you are at a home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent four memorable nights escaping Hurricane Issac at Country Inn and Suites. Everyone was extremely accommodating, cordial, and helpful. Southern hospitality abounded! We would definitely return the next time we're in El Dorado.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights recently at Country Inn and Suites in El Dorado, AR. It was very clean and comfortable. We got a king suite, and the room was spacious and well-equipped.
I particularly enjoyed the indoor pool since my favorite exercise is aqua-jogging. Two of our grandsons enjoyed it with us, and I'm sure they would give it 2 thumbs up as well. The hot tub was being painted, so it wasn't available. My husband always wants a good, hot shower, and his wish was fulfilled, too. Thank goodness that the cable TV carried our favorite football game on Saturday night.
The breakfast was adequate -- nothing to write home about, but adequate.
We will definitely stay here on future visits to our family members who live in town.

Room Tip: The king suite is probably well worth the extra $10 per night because it is a much bigger room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have never stayed at such a hospitable place. When I walked into the place I thought I was at the Pea Body Memphis Tn! The young African American Man, "Christopher" granted us a first time visit discount after all of the bad luck with our car though-out the day, he put the first smile on our face. He offered to help us find food after he completed the shift, and told us so much about the area, we felt right at home. He help my daughter complete an on line course exam and even called the room to check that everything we needed was in place in the room. My husband tried to tip him, and he would not except, and told us it would do the company better if we just came back to visit. I've read some of the comments, and what ugly things I have noticed on here, NEVER HAPPENED TO MY FAMILY AT ALL. In fact Christopher told us how much he loved working for the owner, Ms. Patel because she worked harder than the entire staff to assure the perfect visit is granted to her guest. Well the next morning I met Ms. Patel, and she was 100% what Chris said she was, a dedicated worker. She ask if we needed to stay another night, and if so she would give us a government rate so that we are not stressing about funds. She also offered to go get us lunch or dinner if need be. THANKS MR CHRIS, AND MS PATEL. I HOPE MY NEXT VISIT IS A BETTER SITUATION, I WILL BE BACK HERE. This was an emergency stop, and Im glad our car stopped at down the street from the Patel's Country Inn & Suits in El Dorado Ar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family