“More than expected!!”

Super 8 El Dorado
Super 8 El Dorado
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in El Dorado
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was my first visit to El Dorado and Super 8 so I wasn't too sure what to expect. I wouldn't change anything about our experience. The front desk clerk was very welcoming and accomodating. The rooms were large, the bed was so comfortable and the breakfast was fulfilling. I can't forget to mention the price. My expectations were met for about $60 so I was happy and yes Super 8 will be my first choice the next time I'm in town. I'll be sure to recommend to family and friends. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The rooms are nice and large. The staff were friendly and helpful. The first night our AC went out after telling the front desk wevhad a new room within secs. The rooms have microwaves and fridges. It has a nice pool and a ok breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank NTubbs
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The reservation was made online, chosen because this was advertised as a "pet friendly" location. There was NO INDICATION anywhere on the website or as part of the reservation process that there would be an additional pet fee of $10 each night. I would NOT have stayed here if I had know that. The desk clerk, when asked, told me that "Pet Friendly" meant there was an additional fee, which is an absurd statement. I attempted several times to speak to the manager, but oh-so-conveniently, s/he was never there.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about the nightly pet fee, if you are traveling with an animal. There are other m...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Everything was nice. The bed was excellent. The room was clean. I never found any of the things the old reviews mentioned. It was exactly what I look for in spending the night in a motel. Should the chance arrive, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Got2btuf
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The motel has been remodeled and is of better quality than some super 8 that I have visited. The price was reasonable for the location. I will return if Im in the area again. All staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Pros:

- cheap, good breakfast, good service, AC is not loud.

Cons:

- dirty bed sheets.

I would Probably not return, but if you need a cheap place to stay for a night, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2011
s8eldorado, Manager at Super 8 El Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

I sincerely apologise for the bad experience you had regarding the linens at Super 8 but would just like to say that we are in the middle of renovations and are also in the process of changing to the new bed program.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Typical budget motel, avoid the day clerk (Tonya) as she is rude. Granted a Super 8 is not a Marriott or Hyatt but, the desk clerk should at least be welcoming. The rest of the staff is cheerful and cooperative but, be careful if you book for a full week at the special rate and check out early you will get hosed. The rooms are acceptable with micro/fridge and wifi but, the breakfast is a joke. The day I checked out they were replacing most of the beds on the 1st floor, wish it had been a week earlier.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

I apologize that your stay with us wasn't a pleasant one. Yes the desk clerk should be friendly. I will work on this to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future. We are in the process of changing our breakfast menu, we are just waiting on the guidelines from Super 8 corporate to tell us what we are allowed to serve. We are in the process of renovating the motel. We have replaced the mattresses in the rooms. I hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in El Dorado. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Dorado
Hampton Inn El Dorado
#2 of 9 in El Dorado
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado
Americas Best Value Inn - Smackover

Been to Super 8 El Dorado? Share your experiences!