“Started off "iffy"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Dumas

Days Inn Dumas
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was newly remodeled. When my 10 year old nephew opened the door and said oooh this is nice! Needless to say he loved the room. The bed was very comfortable. We will stay there again. The staff was nice and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Traveling several states, most hotels are very willing to help motorcyclest on the road and their bike. The night we stayed there a severe storm was heading in. When asking the front desk if we could park our bikes up front, we were refused. In the way we were told.

Other than this the hotel was clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danimal04
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were concerned after reading the reviews but found this hotel to be clean, neat and friendly. Tracy at the front desk did a efficient job at check in and was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and I've got back problems so I'm always cautious. We came for a family get together and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tv24
Magnolia, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Do not book this hotel online! Call them if you plan to stay here. I made reservations online well in advance and 3 DAYS before my stay I was contacted by the hotel staff and informed that I did not have a room and that they were booked!!!! She was not friendly about it either! Which left me and my family in quite a predicament. We had to go to Dumas for an event that was going on that weekend and there were a lot of people going to be there, and there aren’t many hotels to choose from. Apparently they are not "up with the times" enough to handle online reservations! My advice...call!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

The other reviews made us very leary about the rooms, but we booked anyway. Thank goodness we followed our guts! The rooms weren't exactly as small as we were expecting, as we comfortablely fit a family of 5 (including an 11 year old and 9 year old!) in one room with a king sized bed and sofa bed (which stayed pulled out the entire time) with a coffee table between the two, having still enough room to move in and out of each bed on both sides. Everyone had their own space, enough to not step on the other or get on each other's nerves. The bathroom was however the smallest part of the room, but the variety of shower settings made up for this along with the cleanliness. I am particularly disturbed by moldy bathrooms, so I almost expected this, which is often found in several of the hotel rooms we've stayed, but there was none!!! I would however, prefer a different scent (carpet spray) to be left in the rooms, as the scent can be classified as somewhat smelly at first to a sensitive nose, but doesn't last. Last, but not least, the hospitality was great, (very courteous, helpful, and friendly) from all the staff-from the front desk to housekeeping! This is seriously a great value for the price, but don't expect a suite!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TheWhiteGlove
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2008

First off, at $63.25 (including tax) this was just a tad overpriced.
The rooms were clean and the furnishings were in pretty good shape. Having said that...the rooms are very tiny. They do have all the amenities including microwave and fridge but are very cramped with very little room. It was OK for me as I was travelling alone but I think for more than one person in a room it would be somewhat claustrophobic.
The rooms give you a very clear indication of what to expect of the breakfast area and offerings.
When I was there it appeared that there were only about 4 or 5 rooms being rented for the night and for some reason they put us all right next to each other. You can quite easily hear the TV and muffled conversations in the rooms next to you.
I would have no problem recommending this property to the solo traveller but if there's going to be more than one person in the room it's going to get real cramped - real quick.

• Liked — It was clean and the furnishing were in good order
  • Disliked — The size of the rooms and the breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ozcfied
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumas
Super 8 Mcgehee
Super 8 Mcgehee
#1 of 2 in McGehee
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Star City
Hampton Inn Monticello
Hampton Inn Monticello
#1 of 4 in Monticello

Been to Days Inn Dumas? Share your experiences!