“Taking Craig's home with us!”
Review of Craig's

Craig's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dublin
“Taking Craig's home with us!”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Good thing we have checked baggage because you can't take barbecue sauce in cabin baggage nowadays - and certainly not the explosively hot kind from Craigs.
This is one of those places you spot from way off because of the number of pickups outside. Locals always know where good cheap food can be found.
The menu at Craig's is simple and all fits on one half of a white board - the other half is for drinks - iced tea or pepsi mostly. At Craigs you can have pork or beef and you can have it as a meal or as a sandwich and you can have coleslaw and beans if you want them. And that's it. We had the full pork experience with medium sauce. Its sliced pork, piled high and sauced generously, not pulled, the flavour of the beans is deep and rich and the coleslaw is fresh and light and the three go together like a dream. My other half doesn't like beans and doesn't like coleslaw so I was hoping to get his - but not a scrap was left. Nor was there a trace of his pork, despite the fact he says he can't eat much meat, or his bun. But he did look a bit further round than when he went in. My capacity is less so there was enough of my sliced pork left, along with the bun and a second bun bought along the way for lunch the following day for both of us.
Craig's looks as though it hasn't changed since the original Craig opened it in the 1940s - same panelling on the walls and same floor linoleum. The recipes have certainly stayed the same and long may they continue to do so.
Our only regret was that neither of De Valls Bluff's famous pie shops was open when we stopped by - though how we would have fitted a dessert of fried pies in I can't begin to imagine

Southaven, MS
“Craig's is great. It's better than chocolate cake.”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

It is just a little shack, but the food therein is incredible. Hot spicy goodness. Highly recommended.

2 Thank homingpenguin
Aurora, Colorado
“Great small town BBQ!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2007

If you're on I-40 around dinner time, try this place that is just at the west edge of De Valls Bluff on US 70. My wife and I weren't locals, so weren't used to how it works, but figured it out. You go in, and it's like a typical small town dive. There is a menu board in the front room, and in a moment or two someone will come out of the kitchen and take your order. My wife and I ate there, they have plenty of tables. Most orders seem to be call-in orders from locals who the staff already know. But that's besides the point - the BBQ here was awesome and cheap. We were both impressed despite the outward (and inward) appearance of the place.

5 Thank Departure77