“Not the best and not the worst”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Palace Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Palace Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in De Queen
smwpoole
“Not the best and not the worst”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Well, come on people, it's DeQueen Arkansas we're talking about here. There isn't exactly a Hilton down the street. You don't have many options. We stayed here at the Plaza while coming into town for a family member's funeral. It wasn't too bad. It was clean enough and the beds were decent. It provided what we needed and that was a place to sleep and change clothes. If you're looking for more than that....find somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

The purpose of my stay was business and paid by my company. I will never stay here again and am taking my company's business to the DeQueen Country Club where the price is the same and the management is much nicer. The owner Patel is the rudest person I have ever met. During my stay there we were under severe tornado and weather warnings. The TV nor radio did not work and when I called the front desk, I was advised they had no plan for tornado emergency and would not even provide me with a working tv or radio. And 10 people had been killed in the state the prior week from tornadoes! The location is so noisy you cannot sleep, the rooms and bedding are filthy. Do not stay at this hotel. It is not safe in many ways.

Room Tip: The DeQueen Country Club is the same price.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank jde_11

Travelers are raving about these De Queen hotels

Danville, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

This was definately not my first choice-I had actually went to the "Western Plaza Inn" down the road from the Palace Motel. I wanted to check in around 9:00 am and the manager was very rude and told me that I would have to come back at 11 am b/c they do not check guests in until then...seriously?? what happens if I am on a road trip and arrive at 12 am?? They definately dont know how to run a business! Well back to the Palace...I then went to see if I could check in there and the manager was just a rude, not to mention nosey, as the first. I asked for a room and he told me that for 5 dollars more I could check in early...ok this is getting me somewhere..but then I asked to go and check a room out...he said ok-scratched his stomach/gut and chewed on something he had in his mouth and then walked over to the key machine. As he walked I noticed his feet-He had no shoes on! Not even a pair of socks! What a way to run a buisness! He gave me the key and I went to the room 124 and opened the door. Horrible! the beds felt like springs the whole room smelled foul! I had no other choice so we had to stay. My son is asthmatic so when I returned to the office to rent the room I asked the manager if we could get a room that was a bit "fresher" he then gave me a bad look and said "what? What you dont like bout room?" I told him that it was ok I just have an asthmatic son and need fresh bed clothes. He told me that it was clean, I stated that I was going to rent the room and I would appreciate some clean sheets. He tried to ARGUE with me a little while and then said that he would send the house keeper after 9:30 am. I then had my husband give his DL for the room order and he asked me why I dont just give mine...what??? So I then stated that I had just lost mine about 3 days ago. He then told me " You NEED to get another one. You SHOULD have already done that. Why havent you DONE this yet?" None of your business!...I did not say this I just simply told him that I work nights and go to school during the day so basically I didnt have time this week. What an awful experience!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Lorena_Chavez12
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

When I stayed at Palace Hotel in Dequeen it was wonderful. I was treated with great hospitality. The rooms were clean and I slept like a baby peaceful and quite. Ms. Doris you were so nice to me. Danny you have a beautiful family. If I ever have to come back to Arkansas I will be sure to stop by Palace Motel for a visit.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

Clean spacious rooms, Good locaton.
We were lucky to find this one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travestor
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

I stay at this hotel quite often (not my choice, company lodging) I would not stay there if it were my money. The owners are rude and terrible hosts. They treat guests like the guests are there for their amusement, these people have an air of superiority and arrogance. The rooms are not cleaned properly, the bedding, other than sheets, is never washed, the rooms are small and cramped. The rooms in the front are only about a hundred feet from the restaurant's garbage dumpster. Nothing like waking up to the smell of rotting food. The insects also have free reign of the hotel, doors have gaps between the floor and bottoms of the doors, as well as around the edges. Overall, I would rate this hotel only slightly better than sleeping in your car for the night.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank horseapple_la
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

I stayed at this Motel in 2005 and it was great!! Now 2008.. The owners changed and the Customer Service is horrible. If you must stay at this Motel, my suggestion is to get a written confirmation because 9 out of 10 times the information will be incorrect ie dates, number of people and price quoted will not be the same. The owners are very argumentive and rude and the customer is always wrong. In addition to poor customer service. Housekeeping serivce is very poor not enough towels and if you want to sleep in no cleaning after noon. There were bugs in the room the walls and floors were dirty. No air in the fitness room it was so hot we worked out for 10 min the ran outside for air. The only postive was the swimming pool

• Liked — Swimming pool
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mk670
#1 of 6 in Broken Bow
Western Plaza Inn
Western Plaza Inn
#1 of 1 in De Queen

Been to Palace Motel? Share your experiences!