“Partial frozen waterfall”

Mount Nebo State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This park on Mount Nebo is well equipped for camping.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Partial frozen waterfall”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Park's 14 miles of hiking trails were originally make by early residents of the mountain in the 1890's when Mt. Nebo was a thriving summer resort. A friend recommended the Rim Trail and the Park Ranger at the visitor center helped me with the best way to hike it. I was not disappointed. There were many, many spectacular panoramic views, but my favorite was when I came upon the waterfall with water running down it along with frozen water all around.

At I-40 & 7 go south on & thru Dardanelle, right onto 22 and immediate left onto 155. Do not attempt this with an RV or trailer as the last several miles wind a lot.

16728 West State Highway 155, Dardanelle, AR72834

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JayneHikingAddict

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the log cabins with fireplaces, jacuzzi tub and it was set on the edge of the mountain. It had great views! We also hiked the trails and checked out the waterfall. We didn't want to leave. We also stayed here in March of 2011.

2 Thank philyfz450
Bella Vista, Arkansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Awesome in the fall!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I wouldn't want to make this trip up the mountain in any wintery weather. Traveling up with a trailer or big vehicle would be intimidating. Many spots in the road are incredibly narrow & you have to stop to let others pass. But it's all worth it! We took in the look out stops for some spectacular views....especially with the fall colors. There's a visitor's center at the top. Great spots for weddings!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank lisaand2bks
Paris, Arkansas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Picturesque”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Arkansas has so many nice mountain vistas, and this is one of them. The road going up the mountain is very steep and crooked, but it is worth the ride. The trails and the views are beautiful.

1 Thank Theresa S
Homestead, FL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Rustic Cabins...a must do bucket list item”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Thank goodness there was the movie, now everyone knows how good this must be. From the first time I saw these Rustic Cabins I hoped to get here for a great sunset. Today, I got to experience it first hand.

Two thumbs up.

Not yet done, still can't wait till my return trip!

2 Thank ezsurfer