We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anilao
Anilao Backpackers
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was one of the first to stay in Anilao Backpackers and I've stayed here 4 times since. As an avid diver who is into macro and muck diving, Anilao is one of my favourite destination. As long as my accommodation is clean and has hot shower, I'm happy. I don't need TV in the room, I don't need a pool etc. I'll rather spend my money on more dives. And this is where Anilao Backpackers come in. It is a god send in an area where all the resorts charges US$130 and above.

I like that Anilao Backpackers is a small 2 storey house. It feels like a cosy home, with simple but clean rooms. I love the hot shower with good water pressure. Just the best thing after a long cold dive!

Another reason I love staying here is because the diving is flexible. When I feel like doing shore dives, it's just 50m away. If I want to do jeepney or boat dives, I just like let Jo the manager know and she'll make the arrangement. So you pay for the dives a la carte. Of course, you also have the option not to dive or the opposite - have a diving package.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FeiLiXia

Reviewed January 16, 2014

If your travelling on a budget or just don't like being on a dive boat with loads of other people this is the place to go. With 5 rooms this is a nice small and friendly place to stay. No over inflated prices - you pay for what you use! and you can just walk out of Anilao Backpackers and into the sea at what ever time, day or night and dive until your hearts content.... or if your like me until you get cold, which ever comes first! This place is run by divers for divers and you may even get some free advice from your resident photography expert ;0)

Anilao itself doesn't offer much, but the diving is varied and appears to be becoming a very popular place in the industry for photographers...

With 2 hour dives who can complain!

I'll definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Clean room, nice staffs, great meals, unlimited diving and very very low budget to spend. What more could you ask for?

It was my first time in Anilao and done really amazing dive there. If you are looking for luxury and fancy bedroom then here is not the place for you. But if you are those people who really enjoin Scuba diving then Anilao backpacker is definitely a must go destination.

You can dive any time you like as the dive site is only less than one minute walk from your bed!!

The home cook meals are really amazing. I have been to a few places in Philippines and I can guarantee that they will not let you down on every single meals.

Also you will meet a lot of great photographers who willing to give you many useful tips! :)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tanakit
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Considering this backpacker is definitely a good choice. Visited couple of hotels, this is definitely value for money choice. Simple yet well equip, cosy, clean, friendly staff. Hammock isavailable for public use on the upper floor.
*Home massage service is available via prior arrangement.
Walking distance to shore if you are here to dive. Well equipped area to clean ur gears after dives. Had great dive with great guide. Local dive master can be arrange via the backpacker manager.

Room Tip: Fan room- to enjoy local culture, simple n nice. Quite cooling at night. A/c room- more isolated fr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bobbytjh
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed 5d4n (3 diving days) at this little 2 storeys 5 rooms backpacker for a diving trip.
Eventhough very affordable, the facilities and comfort has really exceeded my expectations!!
Its clean, simple and cozy, i felt so at home. And yes, they have HOT SHOWER!!!
Home cooked meals are yummy esp the breakfast buns.. :)
All the staff are friendly and helpful.
I love the common area downstairs, where you can hang out and share your experience with friends and other divers.
Anilao being famous for diving. Yes, this place definitely cater for that. Diving can be arranged through them. The shore dives at the sites just opposite the road, few steps away are excellent.. Lots of macro stuffs and critters.
This is one of the few places that i really want to REVISIT..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank C0l0urful
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Anilao Backpacker give me a feeling like home. it is a cosy place to stay, friendly and nice host make the place nicer. Food is homecooked food and come with many varieties. It is worth going again and again. Anilao had many great dive sites. Anilao backpacker is designed for divers. They recommended me an excellent DM which make my dive trips very interesting and fruitful. Overall, I will come again as I felt it is value for money.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JackieTanpl
Reviewed January 15, 2014

a small establishment with homestay feeling rather than backpackers, setup by divers to cater mostly divers but I am sure everyone is welcome there. you will get locally prepared food if you opt for their full board package. i am a seasoned low budget traveller and diver so I am not expecting 5star treatment/facilities. honestly, there is nothing much you can do in Anilao except diving.the price of this place is a fraction of what you pay for most luxury resorts there.
people associated with this place is extremely friendly. i will definitely be back here for sure.

Room Tip: AC room downstairs Fan room upstairs i prefer rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Anilao Backpackers? Share your experiences!