“Sun, Sail, Dive and Hiking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail Anilao

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anilao
Sail Anilao
“Sun, Sail, Dive and Hiking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I travelled here in early June 2014 and had one of the best weeks of my life. The rooms are basic but well appointed and clean. The grounds are a great place to relax and the views are spectacular. Herman was an extremely good host and arrange all activities and equipment for me. His sail boats are well maintained and we sailed for a solid 3 days around islands in the area, If you can sail there's no problem having a bit of adventure and being left to yourself. It's not your normal resort style sailing. I was lucky enough to eat here also and the food and service was amazing. Diving was arranged and the local dive spots are some of the best I've been on, while the coral reef in front of the resort is amazing. Hiking was adventurous and off the beaten trail. Wi-fi is good and fast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Imus, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've been to this place more than a couple of times (December 2012, January 2013 and January 2014) and each time was always memorable. The owners were very friendly and accommodating as well as their helpers. All of the rooms that we had occupied were very clean, well maintained and worth the price. I highly recommend this place to people who love snorkeling and just want to have a peaceful and relaxing vacation.

Sail Anilao would always be my favorite holiday destination in Anilao, Batangas.

Room Tip: for couples, choose the room with the full view of the sea, you will have a perfect view of the suns...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank chiarivera
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our stay at Sail Anilao was a welcome break after a business trip to Manila. The resort is in a beautiful garden in the shade of mango trees.
We stayed in comfortable rooms with art design touch in the decoration. Clean. Most rooms have air conditioning although it is not necessary. The micro climate is warm but not too and dry.
You can in this beautiful small resort learn dinghy sailing, or rent dinghy sailboats. You can do mountain biking guided by the owner of the resort.
Service is friendly and correct. There are a lot of diving clubs in the neighborhood where they speak Korean, there is is also a hot spring within a distance of 5 km.
The resort staff can order a massage in your room from a massage center in the near village.
It was very relaxing. I am looking forward to go back for the 4th time in November.
There is a small fish market in the next village

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Young Sook K
Princes Town, Western, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent our 2-day get away summer break here in Batangas. It was a memorable experience for me and my family. We arrive early morning at the resort and had our breakfast, the owners are very accommodating, they even joined us for breakfast. We enjoyed the beach which is just in front of our room. The room is not the big for a group of 6 but we were able to squeeze in thru the night, a/c is in good condition. The staff is also very helpful. And of course the owner, Herman, you are an amazing host – you made it a point the your guests are well taken cared of. We will definitely come back next year! So glad we decided to come over!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peejay D
Laguna, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went here with my family a couple of days ago and they really liked the place. I highly recommend this to all of my friends and to people who just want to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset. The place is clean and well maintained. You can do cycling, snorkeling, scuba dive and even hiking. Its very near Mt.Gulugodbaboy. The owner of the place and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie V
Berkane, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just came back to Belgium from 2 weeks of holiday in the Philipiness. Where I stayed at Sail Anilao Resort (Solo-Anilao), located in the Batangas region, south of Manila.

Amazing place with a large garden and unique view to the Mabini bay. Very quick and easy access to the sea, as it belongs to the resort. Service by host and personnel was outstanding!

The owner is very accessible for requests, questions, ... They know the region very well to guide you through for a perfect stay. Myself I went sailing twice during my stay, and this for a first time in my life, which has aroused my interest to continue sailing once back in Belgium.

Enjoyed very much the biking 'excursions' too, at the same very good exercise and a unique way to visit the hills, mountains, small villages. One advise: you'll need to have good legs to tackle some very steep climbs ;-)

I could continue for hours, but I'll finish this review with my wonderful journey under water! Day snorkeling is beyond imagination: the corals and the colors of the fish, the different species. Best snorkeling experience ever. I had never tried nights snorkeling before, so I was a little 'nervous' about my first time. But it took only 2 seconds before I enjoyed every minute of it. The secrets of the underwaterworld at Aniloa with its Twin Rocks and other sites are very popular amongst divers. Next time I'll try to dive.

I'll go back for sure! As soon as I can.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SaidElMajdoub
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at Sail Anilao Resort for one night. The resort was able to accommodate our group: 14 people in the big house, two in the smaller unit with twin beds and another two in the adjacent unit with a double bed. The big house has its own kitchen, living room and balcony facing the sea. All units are clean, comfortable and merely a few steps away from the sea.

The members of the staff, Valerie in particular, are very helpful but not intrusive. We are grateful for the invaluable assistance they have extended to us during our stay.

There are things that need some improvement though. For instance, it would be better if toiletries and towels are provided in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank muffled_solitude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anilao
Eagle Point Resort
#1 of 16 in Mabini
La Chevrerie Resort & Spa
Aiyanar Beach and Dive Resort
Acacia Resort and Dive Center

Been to Sail Anilao? Share your experiences!