“Annual fishing trip”

Cotter Trout Dock Guided Trout Fishing Tours
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Cotter
More attraction details
Owner description: Arkansas Trout Fishing Outfitter Guide Service Guided Arkansas (one day) trout fishing trips on the White River and overnight (two day or more) fishing camp trips on our private 15 Acre island in the White River. Buffalo River wilderness area bass fishing trips and fishing camp trips. All trips are fully outfitted by us. Guides, fishing gear, camping gear (wall tents, cots, etc.), food and cooks are all included.On our one day (or half day) trips you don't just fish in the vicinity of our dock (called "fishing local"). On our usual "full day" trip, you fish 14 miles and on our usual "half day" you fish 10 miles of the White River. We then "pick you up" (along with your guides and Jon boats) and bring you back to our dock location in Cotter in our Suburbans and/or vans.Covering this larger portion of the river gives your guide the opportunity to get you to more "holes" (deeper areas) of the river where the guide knows the trout are likely to be. Catching 30 - 40 trout per day per person is not unusual. You can only keep five.If you prefer not to fish, we also do site-seeing trips the same way. Try our Shore Lunch of bacon and tomato sandwiches, black-eyed peas, hush-puppies, french fries and strawberry shortcake or banana pudding along with your freshly caught trout! This is all cooked by your guide along the riverbank over a charcoal fire.
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best attractions in northern Arkansas. Fabulous fishing. Guides who know the river like the back of their hands because they guide and fish on it 365 days a year. Beautiful clear water and great scenery. A great place to teach a 9 - 10 old to fish and appreciate nature. Owners, Debbie and Ron,cater to your every need. Strictly 5 star.

Date of experience: July 2018
in 14 reviews
"fished"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 4, 2018

This was our second time to visit Cotter Trout Dock and another awesome experience. All you have to do is show up and they take care of just about everything else. We started at 7:00 am with Doug and the day trip lasted until about 3:30. As I mentioned they took care of just about everything - licence, trout stamp,fishing gear, bait, soda, water, gatorade, lunch

As I mentioned, Doug was our guide for the day and he was terrific at getting us set up, baiting our hook every time it needed it, helping get the fish off the hook every time, supplying endless stories about the river and community and helping us catch it seemed like over 50 fish. My wife landed a 5lb brown which was so exciting.

The shore lunch was great, fresh caught trout, hushpuppies, french fries, black eye peas

If you want to have a great time on the White River, think about CTD - they have never disappointed us

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

we had a FANTASTIC time on our fishing trip. Everyone at Cotter Trout dock was extremely nice, helpful and fun to be around. Doug was our guide and he showed us some great fishing and an extremely enjoyable time.. I love that they take pictures for you to keep of your trip. My husband and I were new at this and they went over and above by helping us set up our own rod and reels so that we could fish on our own the following day. We are already trying to figure out a time to go back! I would recommend this

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful morning on the river. Paden was our guide, and helped us find the rainbow trout. I was new at this, and he was sooo helpful! I couldn't believe I was catching as many trout as my husband! We had such a pleasant day, and Debbie and Paden were fantastic.
Debbie took pictures before we left, and when we returned, she had a photo calendar for us as a gift. So nice!
I would recommend Cotter Trout Dock if you want to have a great day.

Date of experience: June 2018