“Great fishing experience for young and old”

Cotter Trout Dock Guided Trout Fishing Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Cotter
More attraction details
Owner description: Arkansas Trout Fishing Outfitter Guide Service Guided Arkansas (one day) trout fishing trips on the White River and overnight (two day or more) fishing camp trips on our private 15 Acre island in the White River. Buffalo River wilderness area bass fishing trips and fishing camp trips. All trips are fully outfitted by us. Guides, fishing gear, camping gear (wall tents, cots, etc.), food and cooks are all included.On our one day (or half day) trips you don't just fish in the vicinity of our dock (called "fishing local"). On our usual "full day" trip, you fish 14 miles and on our usual "half day" you fish 10 miles of the White River. We then "pick you up" (along with your guides and Jon boats) and bring you back to our dock location in Cotter in our Suburbans and/or vans.Covering this larger portion of the river gives your guide the opportunity to get you to more "holes" (deeper areas) of the river where the guide knows the trout are likely to be. Catching 30 - 40 trout per day per person is not unusual. You can only keep five.If you prefer not to fish, we also do site-seeing trips the same way. Try our Shore Lunch of bacon and tomato sandwiches, black-eyed peas, hush-puppies, french fries and strawberry shortcake or banana pudding along with your freshly caught trout! This is all cooked by your guide along the riverbank over a charcoal fire.
Pontotoc, Mississippi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great fishing experience for young and old”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just finished my fourth time fishing with Cotter Trout Dock. Ron and Debbie run an outstanding fishing service that is top notch for beginning fisherman up to the most experienced. Its for the youngest to the oldest. They provide lunch for full day fishing trips from sandwiches included in the price to the shore lunch which does cost extra. I have enjoyed the shore lunch on all of my trips and it is special. You have fresh caught trout, bacon sandwiches, peas, potatoes, hushpuppies and desert. It is awesome!

This trip is the first with all if my family. We required two boats which included 2 guides Eric and Cody. The guides will do everything from baiting hooks, casting (or showing you how) and removing fish for the inexperienced to allowing you to do most of it if you are an experienced fisherman. They also cook the great shore lunch. The guides clean your fish and Debbie and Ron will put them in a cooler of ice for you to take home. Eric was great assisting my wife which allowed me to concentrate on my fishing. My wife, grandson and I probably caught 50 or more fish during the trip. Cody worked with my daughter and son in law and provided excellent assistance to them also. My daughter boated a 20 inch brown which made her day. Eric and Cody both had great attitudes and put us on loads of fish. We had rain all day which really soaked us, but having the great lunch under a covered pavilion and catching al the fish made it a great, but wet outing.

Debbie and Ron will do 1/2 day fishing trip, a full day and even overnight camping and fishing trips. All of their guides are great and experienced and the food really tops off the trip. You will catch fish.

I highly recommend Cotter Trout Dock and will be returning again on hopefully a bright and sunny dry day.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mike S

Galena.Ks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day in every way”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We chose Cotter Trout Dock after seeing it on an evening drive down to see the beautiful marsh arch bridge in Cotter. We just took a chance and were SO pleased with our luck. It was beautiful weather, a beautiful river, lots of fish, blue herons and even an Eagle. We so enjoyed Lonnie. He was wonderful at finding fish and we also admired him as he spoke of his family with love and pride. A very nice man to spend a lovely day with. Everything ran a smooth as silk. It wasn't an accident but the result of skilled, friendly and organized people running the show. We will be back!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Suzy428
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Weekend Fishing with my Son”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I read through several of the other reviews, and many of them say that their trip was their 3rd, 4th or 5th trip back to Cotter Trout Dock. I can easily see why they keep coming back as I know that my son and I will certainly be coming back, too. The whole experience was great - starting out with the phone call to set it up with Debbie (she is so personable; you would think that you've known her your entire life), to our arrival and pictures before starting on our adventure, to our guide Bob who obviously knows where to go and what to use, to the exceptional on-shore lunch that Bob prepared (bacon, onion & tomato sandwiches, fresh trout from the morning's catch, hushpuppies, black-eyed peas, potatoes, and of course dessert (fresh strawberry shortcake - my son's favorite), to our return to shore where our ride was ready and waiting to take us back to our car - Everything was great! ...and, of course the fishing... we caught more than we could keep, and Bob took care of everything - the bait (what to use, how to use it), the fish (cleaning and prepping for Debbie to ice-down), and I've already mentioned the shore lunch - fantastic! I felt the genuine warmth and friendship from our arrival all the way through to the end. Would I recommend this trip? Definitely, yes. Are we going back? Again, definitely YES!

1 Thank Tom H
Springfield, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Time at Cotter Trout Dock”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A friend recommended a day of fishing using Cotter Trout Dock, so we booked a day of trout fishing on April 12. It was FABULOUS! They are so friendly and organized. Debbie and Ron, the owners are so welcoming. We bought our licenses the day before. We floated the White river for 14 miles. Caught tons of nice rainbow and brown trout. Kept our limits and had an amazing shore lunch.
We floated and fished the morning. Our guide Bobby, was informative, kind and helpful. We like to fish, but do not get to go frequently due to schedules. We used spinner rods, as we do not fly fish. The guides will do as much or little as you need. We started catching fish right away. We then would move down the river and catch more. Bobby would move you to the spots where fish were biting more often/aggressively. The river is beautiful. We eventually stopped for lunch-bacon and tomato sandwiches, black eyed peas, fried potatoes, hush puppies (the best ever) , fried trout-caught that am, and banana pudding. All prepared by Bobby over a fire in a cast iron skilletl. SO GOOD! Then more fishing. We caught our limits of rainbow trout -5 each to keep, and so many more we lost count. We also caught brown trout-but no keepers- they have to be 24 inches.

We took out at Buffalo City, where they were waiting to take us back to the dock. Earlier that morning Debbie had taken pictures of us. When we got back she had made us a photo calendar-now proudly on our refridgerator.

We stayed in town at Cotter Trout Lodge, great place, and ate breakfast at the local restaurant. Cotter is very small, but lovely. We also went to Gassville to eat and Mountan Home- very close.

It is hard to express how much we enjoyed our day in writting- maybe the best thing to say is that we booked another day on the river in a couple of months. We will be repeat customers for some time. If you love to be outside in a beautiful setting and catching fish, this is the place.

1 Thank Swoodydo
Debbie G, Owner at Cotter Trout Dock Guided Trout Fishing Tours, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Wow. We are so glad you enjoyed your trip. Thank you for your kind words and for taking time to write a review. Fishing and floating can take you away from the everyday busy-ness and provide an island of peace; we are lucky enough to be part of that here in Cotter. You heard it said, "If Bobby Flippin can't find fish for you, they're not out there." then he can cook them up almost as fast as he can find them! Ron and I like to say, "The first time you come, you're company. The next time, you're family." See you soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cotter Trout Dock”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Debbie and Ron were great but Wayne stole the show. He was a great guide and a lot of fun. Despite some not so favorable weather we managed to catch plenty of fish. Debbie made great lunches and they really took care of us. we had a great time. I highly recommend and plan on going back again.

Ronnie Evans
San Antonio Texas

1 Thank Jojobubbajr
Debbie G, Owner at Cotter Trout Dock Guided Trout Fishing Tours, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Wayne is the chief show stealer of all times, Ronnie, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are so glad you enjoyed your fishing trip with him; you guys really braved some cold weather but you only touched the top of the ice burg when it comes to Wayne's jokes. :) We look forward to seeing you again.