“Another Wonderful Fishing Vacation!!”
Review of His Place Resort

and 1 more site!
His Place Resort
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My Mom and I have been going to 'His Place' for several years. The accommodations and fishing are always great, but it's the family, friendly atmosphere that means the most. My Mother is 94 years old and has limited mobility. Steve and Julie (owners) and Dale (the best guide ever) go out of their way to take care of my Mother and ensure that she has a great time. It is the one activity that my Mom says "keeps her going"!
Thank you guys - you're the best!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

thank you so much... having you come stay with us is a highlight in our lives, too. We hope to one day be able to fish and get around like your mother does at 94 years old! we love you guys...

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I have been staying at His Place Resort at least twice sometimes three times every year for many years now. It's the only place we will stay. We have rented many of their cabins and they are always clean, comfortable and fully stocked. Just bring the food and clothing! The staff are exceptional and are always available with anything we need. We have also camped in a tent and the same superb services apply! This year we had bought a fifth wheel camper and where unsure if we would be able to pull it in there, but Julie and Steve made every effort to accomadate us! What a relief and joy for me as I couldn't see staying anywhere else! I no longer consider Julie and Steve as owners of this great place, but they are now considered close friends which is very easy to do. They are always very interested in our day and I love to visit with them about our lives outside of fishing. This resort sits in the best area for fishing, both wading and boating, in which we do both. Never a day goes by without a great day of fishing!. We own our own boat now, so honestly cannot comment on the boats and equipment other than I have always noted how clean and well maintained everything seems to be. We did rent boats in the early years and NEVER, EVER had any problems with them! The White river and it's unpredictable rising and lowering does take very experienced and Responsible people to be able to use a boat on your own. They have great guides available to help when you need. This resort is my home away from home! I can't imagine anyone not being happy here! Julie and Steve, we love you! And will see you soon! I recommend this place to everyone looking for some trout fishing and have brought friends with us who I'm sure will say the same!

Room Tip: Cabin 11 is the best to bring your whole family! Lots of room and covered deck over the river! My fa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mchristiana
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words... we enjoy you, too! That's one of the best things about having a resort... the people you meet, and the experiences you get to share with folks like you!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

oldhippi57
My friends and I have been staying with Julie and Steve @ His Place Resort for many years.. We were able to vacation there on an average of two times a year. Unfortunately life has become a bit to complicated to keep up with the old pace. Fishing has always been excellent along with the great weather of the ozarks has made the resort ,our choice for future destinations. The owners have always kept the accomodations at a very high standard. They always seem to have time to stop in for a visit and "catch-up session" , on all of our families and lives. Julie and Steve have become part of our extended family. We are wade fishermen and fisherwomen by choice. River levels don't always cooperate, but the demand for energy can't be dictated and visitors should be aware of this. The White flows thru Bull Shoals Dam, a hydro electric, dam. Boats and motors are available thru the resort, and are late model equipment, serviced to perform at optimum levels. Resort grounds are always groomed and spotless. Cabins are clean and comfortable and feature all the comforts of home. All you need to bring is food and drink. Groceries and supplies are close at hand in Gassville and Cotter. Out of state fishing license are available at the resort office.Staff is ,and has always been, hard working and friendly. They strive to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable. Military,Church Groups and Law enforcement discounts give an indication of what the owners credentials and beliefs are based on. In closing, my opinion of the resort is "home away from home".

Room Tip: view the resort photos
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much... we've become very close friends over the years, and are always excited to have you arrive! You are the reason we're here... thanks again!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is where we put family and friends while we stay next door at the RV park. Great accomodations and attentive staff. I also stay there during inclement weather (Jan-Feb) when I'm insane enough to go fishing at that time of the year. Centally located for fishing the White and Norfolk Rivers, with good fishing at your door. Restaurants and shops close by and a fly shop on the property... what more do you want!!!???

Room Tip: Sweet talk Julie about rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank czkid

Thank you so much for the kind words... we'll see you and the kids in October! We look forward to serving you again...

Been to His Place Resort? Share your experiences!