“Excellent Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotter
The White River Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cotter B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2013

White River Inn is an incredible experience. We had a corporate retreat there and had the perfect combination of work and fun. Great facilities, hosts, food and fishing. We caught over 100 fish, and the guides were instructive, kind and entertaining.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The fishing is superior in the Mountain Home, Cotter area of Arkansas, but the accomidations are marginal at best. Most of the lodges are kind of rustic to say the list and usually full of noisy fishermen.
We found an exception to this in the White River Inn.
Perched high above the White in a beautiful location, the Inn is a glory in itself all wood, and glass, and class.

There is nothing about it that isn't perfect, from the rooms to Tina's wonderful homemade, and I mean homemade breakfasts.

It's a little hard to find, and your GPS will only get you close, but Moose can give you good directions.

The lounge areas are exceedingly comfortable, and the porch overlooking the white defies description. Read what the other folks have said about it, and take it all as gospel.

It is a might expensive, especially for Cotter, but worth every penny if you like the best.

Can't comment on the guide service as we already had a guide we like.

Room Tip: We were in #3 and thought it perfect. Choose 2 or 3 if you can get them and don't need the big r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hosts Moose and Tina are a couple of the nicest and caring people you will ever meet. They take a genuine interest in who you are and taking care of your needs. They respect your privacy, but are always available if you need them.
The lodge itself is a great reflection of the personality of Moose and Tina; it is fantastic. You are greeted with a fantastic view of the White River from atop a bluff in a wooded and secluded estate. You are surrounded by the Ozarks, near to Bull Shoals & Norfork Lake and Mountain Home for amenities. I also feel the lodge could stand alone as a destination.
It will be our go to place when we visit that part of Arkansas in the future.

Gary & Genice

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just spent 4 days at the B & B White River Inn. It was absolutely top notch. Moose and Tina are wonderful hosts and don't miss a thing. The Inn in luxurious and spotless. The food was fantastic, not your typical B & B stuff. My husband and I travel all around staying at B&B's along the way and this by far is the best and favorite. We will definitely be back, and hopefully soon. Don't even hesitate to stay at this Inn. You will NOT regret it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A beautiful Inn in beautiful country and hosted by Tina and Moose. The Inn is a most spectacular structure and looks like a warm and cozy museum inside. We went there for a very private get-away. We had a day of fishing with arrangements made by Moose. We had lovely meals with the other guests and yet we were allowed our privacy. It was wonderful. I would recommend it for families, friends or lovers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ViolaM422
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My administrative assistant found this location for me when I was wanting to take some clients fishing. I was a little uncertain, but I trusted her anyway. The title of my review says it all: Outstanding. I am usually somewhat hard to please...not that I am a complainer, but more of a perfectionist, where I notice the little things that I would do different. Not here. Moose and Tina had an amazing way to make us feel at home and like we were just enjoying a close friend's home. The food was terrific - definitely bring your appetite. The views and fishing were amazing. We had a great time catching trout till we were exhausted! The resort worked very well for 4 men fishing together, even though I could tell it caters to more of the traditional B&B "couples" market. If you are the type of person who enjoys the outdoors but you don't necessarily want to completely "rough it", The White River Inn is for you.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jon R
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Reading the reviews before our visit to White River Inn, I was apprehensive of just how discriminating outdoors-men would be about their accommodations, but having recently vacationed there, I was not disappointed. Even the most avid 'indoors woman' would be very pleased with the perfect balance of casual elegance in an extraordinary setting overlooking the White River. Moose and Tina were warm and engaging, and eager to ensure that every need was met. We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy Wade R

Been to The White River Inn? Share your experiences!