“Stay Away - Bed Bugs”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Arkansas
“Stay Away - Bed Bugs”
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I received a total of about 15 bedbug bites on my one-night stay in room 219 on 11/01/08. The room was otherwise clean and there was no reason to suspect a problem. I did not notice any itching until after I left the city. We had to treat our car, luggage, our clothing, our bed at home, our garage and other items, with malathion once we learned what had caused the welts on my arm, legs and ankles. The bug poison made my life very difficult, as I have emphysema and asthma. After 9 days, the bites were improved, but were still itching. In 2 weeks they were okay. I took pictures of the bites and sent them at Hampton’s request. Hampton Inn suggested I send “medical bills” and they would pay them. (Who goes to the doctor for insect bites?) Except for the bed bug eradication procedures, the bites are like severe chigger bites. They seemed to think they owed me nothing for my personal distress, driving a different car to work, and all the eradication. I have never seen such poor customer service in my life.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank quilty1000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I just spent two nights at the Hampton Inn, dropping my daughter off at college. The staff was friendly, the room clean and modern, (with comfy beds), and the breakfast buffet good. Even though there are motels a bit closer to her school, I will definitely stay there when I return for parents weekend.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank eos_domestic_goddess
East Coast
Reviewed May 30, 2006

You can always count on Hampton to be clean, comfortable and have a good breakfast bar included in the price. This one proved that once again.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank Giggy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2003

I would try a different hotel. The breakfast was pretty bad. The waffles were rancid or molded, the gravy looked days old, the fruit was frozen, and they were out of coffee!! The room was average. The staff was friendly.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 15, 2003

The room was very nice, unusually quiet, and the fridge was a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed the pool, and the breakfast was better than average except for one thing: There was NO coffee! Apparently the machine had broken down. The poor attendant was trying to fulfill demand using a tiny in-room pot; why didn't management run out to rent or buy something better? Guests were not amused. Still, a nice hotel and I'll stay again.

2 Thank Janeite