“Very disappointed”
Review of Hampton Inn Conway

Hampton Inn Conway
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at this Hampton like we always do when we pass through Conway when visiting relatives in Arkansas. The hotel and service has gradually been declining over the past several years but we try to remain loyal to the franchise. This last visit, however, was the last straw. The room was clean but beyond that, the experience was horrible. This hotel is no place to bring children. The staff at the hotel uses foul language and this extends all the way to the General Manager. The breakfast was cold and it seemed like the hostess was to preoccupied with her text messaging to care. The front desk worker was extremely rude and short to my children when they asked for a new room key. Then the General Manager appeared to be high on something, she was fidgety and kept talking in circles. We won't be back and we hope you take our warning and stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Francis J
HamptonInn72032, General Manager at Hampton Inn Conway, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

I appreciate the review of your past stay at our hotel. I'm incredibly sorry that you and your family received a poor level of service; this is not typical of our staff members and this situation will be addressed. We appreciate your business and your loyalty, and would love another chance to provide a great hotel stay for you. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again and I look forward to your call.

Best regards,

Hampton Inn Conway
501-329-8999 ext: 140
Darlene.Skogen@Hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Conway

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton Inns I've stayed in. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with directions. The breakfast was very good. Also, the room had a mini-refrigerator, which is always a plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HamptonInn72032, General Manager at Hampton Inn Conway, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I'm glad that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in every part of our guests stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I hope that this was only my room but I walked into my room and for a couple of hours while working at desk and listening to TV everything appeared fine. I prepared to take a shower and noticed on the bathroom floor an inexcuseable amount of hair. As I had dampened a cloth to pick up the hair, I noticed on the blowdryer a chunk of hair. I then noticed on the vanity more hair. I then went to pull back the cover on the bed and upon pulling back the covers, yet another strand of hair. I called to let the front desk know of my situation and I will say that the lady said that she could not have me pay for my room and that she was willing to move me to another room and come and help me move to that room. I don't know, I hope that was just my experience. Just being honest.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Craig P

I want to personally apologize for your disappointment during your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know.

We expect everything to be completely prepared for the arrival of our guests. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns to ensure that others are not disappointed in the same way.

We appreciate your making the effort to share your experience with us and hope you will stay with us again soon. We value your patronage and look forward to serving you with excellence in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a good hotel at a very reasonable price. The room I had was small but very comfortable. The bed was great. There was a shopping mall about a block from the hotel with lots of stores, and there were lots of restaurants and fast food locations very near the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our #1 goal is guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently had a room reserved and guaranteed at the Hampton Inn in Conway. We had stayed there several times and have always slept good. But this time, the lady at the front desk gave our room away to someone else that was there for a basketball tournament of some type. Did she call me??? NO, she did not, she said she called several of the members of the basketball team. Did anyone know I was staying there? NO, they did not. I know my name was given out by the desk clerk when they told her that they were needing one more room and that there was one that was reserved and that they had told them that they could have it. Was that me??? NO! Did I try to bring this to the attention of the manager. Yes, I did. I called three times and she has yet to return my call. The least that they could have done was call me and apologize for my inconvenience and offer me to stay some other night at no cost. What would you do?

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInn72032, General Manager at Hampton Inn Conway, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate you during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to accommodate 100% of our guests but overbooking situations can happen.

Please accept our apology for the unfortunate circumstances as well as the time it has taken me to contact you. I just left you a voice message with a contact number or you can contact me directly at Darlene.Skogen@Hilton.com so I can help remedy your situation.

I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us a chance to provide accommodations for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Hampton is not bad. Great value and location. Plenty to do right close to property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to post a review. Feed back and suggestions from our guests are appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

You've probably stayed in a Hampton Inn and you will find this one not much different from the others - clean, reasonable, well kept, and breakfast is included. However, there was a real bonus for us in this hotel. They had just completed cleaning and upgrading their air conditioner units which was a huge plus when the temperature outside was 106! Have you ever had this hotel phenomenon occur to you: you are freezing when you go to bed but an hour later you're sweating and you can't get the room cold enough with the wall thermostat? I often wonder if those are just put there to make you feel like you have control! Well, this Hampton Inn has individual units in each room and you have true control and, man, it got cold! It might sound like a little thing but it's horrible to go on vacation and not get a good night's sleep due to noise, a bad mattress, or the temperature of the room. Trust me, this Hampton Inn got it just right!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kgoley

I am very pleased that your stays have all been good ones. I can't wait to share your review with our award winning team. Feed back and suggestions from our guests are always appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.