“Less than satisfactory”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Tacoma, Washington
“Less than satisfactory”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I based my choice of this hotel alot on the fact that it said it was remodeled in 2010. How bad could a place that was remodeled 2 years ago be? If it was, they need to get their money back from their contractors. The tile in the shower was peeling, the paint on the wall was chipped, the toilet would not always flush and there were cracks in the walls. The carpets were filthy and just generally got an overall feeling of uncleanliness. I'm not sure where all the great reviews are coming from unless we got the only disgusting room in the entire hotel. We stayed 1 night of the 7 we booked (and stayed the 1 night only because we got in late, we did not sleep at all). The next morning we moved to a hotel across the street for the same price with a room that was 100 times better. We have family in Conway and we will certainly be avoiding this hotel on future visits.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
hojoconway, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Conway, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest:
We truly appreciate your feedback, it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time. We apologize that your experice was not what you expected from Howard Johnson

Your continued satisfaction and trust in Howard Johnson are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We love their atrium and pool.rooms are clean and comfortable,breakfast was good.staff was very friendly. I strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2011
hojoconway, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Conway, responded to this review, December 17, 2015
Thank you for staying with us here at Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas. We thank you so much for noticing our hard work to keep you as our guest happy and we are very thankful for your business and we would like to invite you back to see our newly renovated rooms as well.
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Price was right, basic breakfast plus waffles, room was pretty small. will stay there again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out to write a review on trip advisor we thank you for that as well as your business here at Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas . We invite you back to stay with us again to see our renovated rooms and new staff. Super excited for your return visit.
Fresno, California
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My stay in Conway Arkansas was a pretty nice experience. My company told me to go around and pick a place to stay. I checked out EVERY Hotel, and found the staff at the HOJO to be so helpful and friendly. The hotel has a bit of a tropical ambience, with an indoor pool and hot tub. which im so glad was heated because in this cold weather its Good to just relax in a hot tub after work. I had a new flat screen TV in my room, and they were SOOOOO CLEAN!!! The ladies who clean ur rooms r so friendly and helpful. Even when i just made my coffee they had a smile on thier face when i asked them to please wait as i made coffee and woke up before they had to service the room. They stood outside the door having friendly conversations, and even suggested places to eat, and where the movie theater was in town. When my air conditioner went out. the whole unit was replaced in 15 mins. What service, what helpful people!!! I stayed here for 3 months while working on our project, i always got my mail, always got good service, always got advice on what to do around town. Hotel stays are about experience, ive stayed all around the country from The Pineapple to the Big Apple, and the experience i had here will always be my favorite.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rfalcon1427
wow!!!!! I am just overwhelmed with joy that you enjoyed our property as well as our continued great service which we take pride in making sure our guest feel at home. We have renovated since your last stay here at Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas. And would like to invite you back to stay with us and to come back to see our great staff as well. We are super excited that you enjoyed your stay.
Greenbrier
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I travel for business trips and I spent 3 to 4 nights per Month. I always select Hilton Brand. I tried Howard Johnson and I was surprised by their Service, Room Cleaness and Quality. My stay was excellent.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
hojoconway, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Conway, responded to this review, December 22, 2015
thank you for staying with us here at Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next stay here at Howard Johnson Inn.
searcy
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I always stay with Hampton or Holiday Inn Express but I tried Howard Johnson and i was
surprised. Room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Staff was very friendly.I can not expect more than what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
hojoconway, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Conway, responded to this review, December 20, 2015
First I would like to thank you for staying with us here at Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas. We truly appreciate your business. We are super excited that we were able to meet the standards you are use to and we look forward to your return. We would like to invite you back to Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas to see our newly renovated rooms.
Ashdown, AR
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Each time we have stayed at this hotel is was like coming home. July was very hot and the drive was long but when we opened the door the room was cool and the bedspread wasso welcoming I just stood and stared. I felt at home. Even though we were in a smoking room it still smelled good. The service staff is friendly and helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us here at Howard Johnson Inn, Conway Arkansas. We are so glad to here that we were able to meet your needs and here at Howard Johnson, we treat our guest like they are family so we are so glad that you feel at home with us , that warms our hearts to hear that. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to the Conway, Arkansas area . We have renovated and would love for you and your family to come see the updates as well .