“Staff is rude”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Conway, Arkansas
“Staff is rude”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Twice i have had a worker stay here and both times the have been rude. The first time I went in to get him a room and was asked what veh would be there and I said none. She pointed outside and said "what about that one?" I said there is not going to be a veh. She again said asked about the veh outside. I advised I'm going home to stay at my house and my worker is staying there in the room. Didn't realize I needed to give my adjenda for the day. She asked the my workers name of which I am not sure the relavence of that. The next morning I thought that checkout was at 12pm as most hotels are but by the time I got there at 11:20 they had already told him he had to leave. He said they opened the door and stood there till he got his stuff and got out. I arrived to find him standing outside the office. He said they started calling just after 9. Just to see I went around to the room to see if it had been cleaned yet and it had not.

Second time I walked in as last time and said I need a room for my worker and gave his name. Again I was ask what veh and I said there is not one. And again the same lady said "what about that one setting outside." so I sternly said "THERE IS NOT ONE, IT'S NOT HIS VEH!". Same situation the next morning. This time they didn't stand with the door open but he said in a 45 min period the same lady came to the room 3 times telling he needs to be out of the room by 11. Again he's was standing outside the office when I arrived. I went in to get a receipt and the check out time, time I got receipt, was 11:36am. Never had a hotel this rude and we stay in 3 to 4 hotels a week sometimes.

If you don't mind rude management that need to know all your business and can get out before they start bugging then this is the hotel for you. Won't stay again. Was wandering why the two hotels across the street had so many people and this one had none.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Joe B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Staff was professional and very friendly. The room was clean, quiet, and well appointed.
We were pleasently surprised that an "economy" hotel was this nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Uhrichsville, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The staff was great and very helpful! The front desk Lady was very helpful in helping me find my way around Conway! the rooms were large and a good value!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mslyndy60
Jonesboro
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I asked for a non smoking room and was given a room that was smoking. The front desk lady said the previous person must have smoked by mistake. There was ashtrays in my room. The smoke detector was rippedd out of the wall. The air conditioning unit would not adjust. There was cigarette ash on the floor next to the bed and cigarette buds on the floor next to the trash can. The refrigerator froze anything you put in it. There was no internet connection and for 4 nights straight I was told each day there was someone coming to fix it. The microwave only heated the food to a medium temperature. The smell in the room each day I came in was really stale. Never, never stay at this hotel. By the way the ash stayed on the floor the entire time I was there. The cleaning person never vacuumed.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness was really bad and no internet connection altough advertised
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ShamuJonesboro

Travelers are raving about these Conway hotels

Tulsa
Reviewed July 26, 2006

Our first indication, as to the nightmare ahead, should have been the outside of the property, itself. Rusted out metal and the need for a good coat of paint were our greeters. Once inside, the woman running the front desk told us that our reserved adjoining rooms had been given away! With two asthmatic children, we require non-smoking rooms...instead we were offered one smoking and one non-smoking unit for our family of five, located a good distance away from each other, on the same floor of the complex. Not wishing to separate our family like that, we asked for a roll-away bed to be placed in the non-smoking room. I had to ask for an extra pillow, and personally moved the roll-away to our room, since the desk clerk said she couldn't do it by herself. Upon entering the room, the lack of sufficient air conditioning hit us like a ton of bricks. Much to our dismay, during one of the summer's worst heat waves, it never completely cooled the room, with little difference between "low" and "high" on the settings. Needless to say, if there had been other rooms in Conway, Arkansas that night, we would have gratefully moved...please avoid putting your family through a similar circumstance.

• Liked — Location - right off I-40
  • Disliked — Poor service and condition of property.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay elsewhere - several other hotel options in area - but, book early
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family