“Good Basic Budget Motel”
Review of Motel 6 Conway

Motel 6 Conway
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Tennessee
“Good Basic Budget Motel”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This motel was more than satisfactory for a place to sleep while passing through Conway on I-40. It is an older Motel 6, with small rooms (our room had 2 beds, each with one side against the wall), but it was clean and conveniently located near the interstate. Plenty of towels were furnished. For budget travelers looking for a clean room with comfortable beds at low rates, it's perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I do alot of traveling and stay at alot of motels. I usually stay at Motel 6 because I always travel with my dogs. I recently stayed at
Motel 6 in Conway, AR and highly recommend it to everyone. The hotel manager there is Jerry Waddel and he is awesome. He made sure we had everythig we needed. He was very personable, very friendly and just made the whole
motel stay wonderful. All motel managers should take lessons from Jerry Waddel.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Lady_Jae
El Reno, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 26, 2010

When we stopped here I had very low expectations. Unfortunately, the motel failed to live up to even those expectations. When we checked in the lady behind the desk seemed less than disinterested in our business. I've had better service from teenagers at a fast food restaurant. And when I opened the door to our room I could tell I made a major mistake choosing this place. Two full size beds were stuffed into a room that wasn't big enough for one. It was the smallest place I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in some dumps with just one bed. We could barely get our stuff in the room but somehow we did. We had to bring everything in since the other people staying there looked more than a little unsavory. We flopped down on the beds to watch some TV and relax and found we had a little more than 15 channels to choose from. When it was time to sleep we could hear the people above us jumping around until well after midnight. Then the police were nice enough to pay a visit to some of the people staying around there 2 AM. After waking up forget about about taking a shower, the flies were too numerous to even want to try. At promptly 6 AM we were packed and out the door and I will NEVER stay in Conway or a Motel 6 ever again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank okcowboysfan

Travelers are raving about these Conway hotels

Conway ark
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I've stayed at this motel before and thought (mistakenly,) that I was a valued customer.
I drove several hundred miles to reach the hotel, rent a room for a week and attend to my business at hand. Upon arrival at the front desk, the clerk was finishing with a male customer; I stepped to the side to wait. He left and the phone rang. The clerk answered the phone, talked leisurely to the caller who was asking numerous questions but not at all interested in making a reservation (the clerk asked several times). She continued to answer the same questions repeatedly ignoring me as I stood by with my credit card out, waiting to book a room. Had I not been so very tired I would have gone elsewhere. When she finally hung up I noted that, 'When I telephone in, I'm usually told to either wait because there is a customer here or 'may I call you back?'...The clerk in very arrogant manner replied that ,"The phone rang before you even got here so it's our policy to attend to the caller first," (actually the phone rang as I stood by, waiting for the man to leave); I was shocked at the rudeness and could hardly speak....didn't want to be equally rude back. I just rented my weekly room, and emphasized that I wanted 'no housekeeping' because I had my cat with me, therefore did not want my door opened when I might be out of the room. Two days later, at the front desk I was told that housekeeping had gone in, seen my cat (fortunately hadn't run away). I was appalled that had happened and mentioned that I'd clarified it to the clerk when I first arrived, then told of her initial rudeness, The manager was equally obnoxious in repeating, "Co policy requires that we accommodate the telephone customer first..." I asked, "have you never heard of 'bird in hand better than 2 in bush?' Summary....this paid for week is my last with Motel 6. They went out of their way to let me know that they don't value a paying customer. I'll just telephone them in future when I need a leisurely chat, rather than spend money there. I'll pay more to be treated fairly, respectfully and professionally.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank shenrey
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed February 6, 2010

My apologies to those who still live in the birth city of the King of Pop.
I selected this hotel based on the proximity to my estimated crash site. It was close to the interstate, and I was close to collapse.
I was looking for a place to sleep, not a place that serves mimosas on the veranda for brunch.
I found a parking space without any problem. The young lady at the check-in counter seemed scared. She was acting the way I would expect her to act if I was wearing a ski mask. She quickly checked me in, but it seemed she was reconsidering her career choice as the night manager of this particular hotel on this particular night.
I found my way to my room; it was on the second floor of the third building. The hotel looked like a single building, but it was actually three connected buildings.
One inside the room, I was taken aback by the scent of cheap wine, cigarettes, and women who would never be ballerinas. I thought it was a smoking room, but there were no ashtrays. I saw evidence on the plastic top of the TV were previous guests had let their cigarettes burn. That’s a shame that some parents raised children that would grow up to ruin my hotel TV…
I was too tired to switch rooms, so I crashed. Upon waking, I found the light switch conveniently located on the wall (I didn’t have to recall my shutdown logic sequence). The room contained a desk, chair, dresser, and the aforementioned TV. The door framed had evidence of multiple “keyless entries”, either by ex-boyfriends, soon-to-be ex-husbands, or law enforcement personnel. There was the obligatory Gideon’s Bible (no Koran yet). The bed was clean and comfortable; I slept well.
On my way to the shower, I saw what the check-in girl had seen last night. Apparently, I hadn’t managed that meatball sandwich as well as I had thought. I looked like I had eaten a live goat in some ritualistic ceremony; nice.
I really liked the shower. It looked just like the orgasmatron from the 1973 Woody Allen movie Sleeper. The shower head was great; it was high on the wall (big guys don’t like shower heads in their chest), and the flow was perfect. The showerhead was some advanced bulb design, no doubt based on alien technology.
On check-out, I mentioned the smell of the room the manger. He quickly dispatched maintenance and housekeeping to the room; that impressed me.
I completed the e-mail survey of my stay, and the hotel manager contacted me.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank biggerjim
pa
Reviewed May 21, 2009

You could tell that the management was active on the property. The employees were cheerful and the manager, Jerry Waddle, was very helpful. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trustPA
Tampa Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed at this Motel 6 after stopping in town and realizing all other hotels were booked. The room was disgusting. There was hair on the pillow and in the shower. The shower was tiny and my husband who is 5'11 had a diificult time showering. The room was beyond bare with no phone, clock and not one single item on the walls. This is by far the worst place either of us have ever stayed in!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple