“Nice rooms for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Conway
mound city, ks
“Nice rooms for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Checked in around 1AM, friendly front desk clerk. Parking was a little out of the way, but when checking in so late it was expected. The breakfast was good, but watched other guests ask people in the back room to refill items. The gentleman was just sitting back there on a chair while guests went without milk and juice. We also witnessed what appeared to be a non registered guest asked to leave while eating breakfast.

Overall a good nights sleep and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
As a major hub for Branson, the hotel can fill up quickly by late night. I am glad you were able to find parking and we could accommodate you!

I have communicated with my breakfast staff the importance of customer service and am positive that you will have nothing but the best experience from us upon your next trip. I understand how important it is to get your morning off to a great start, and breakfast is a big part of that.

We value our guests and want to offer them exclusively all the amenities our hotel has to offer. Often times we get guests from other local hotels that will come in and take advantage of our breakfast area. Unregistered guests only serve to take away from those who have paid for their stay. We do not want to have our guests inconvenienced by this, so we do our best to stay on top of it.

We hope you visit us again soon! Thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with the attractiveness of the Comfort Suites facility. Walking in the lobby it is very nice and pretty. Same with our room. Aside from stains on the carpet, it appears clean. Upon further inspection though it brings disappointment. Ours was a handicap room, though not requested. The bathroom water pressure was terrible, it was hardly more than a trickle and it wasn't just the removable handicap shower head. It was low pressure coming out of the faucet as well. But the worst problem was the mold on the handicap fold down seat in the tub!!

The hotel was quiet, the desk staff friendly but I was appalled at the custodial staff that were constantly sitting and taking their smoking breaks at the front drive up drop off area! There would always be at least two or three, sometimes as many as five employees taking smoking breaks! I almost took a picture because first of all it was intoxicating to wade through the smoke to get in and out of the hotel and secondly they were barely, if at all, past the 25 ft limit of the No Smoking sign posted on the hotel lobby outside! Surely they could take their breaks in the back of the hotel? It just really looked bad and very unprofessional. It was the first thing I saw when I pulled in and the last thing I saw when I left...

And parking is a real problem. Not that there is anything that can be done about it now. But there are not enough spaces for sure.

The Internet is very difficult to log on to and is very spotty and inconsistent. You have to keep logging on every time you leave or re open your device. The capacity is too low to fit a hotel.

Could be a great place with some minor adjustments!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank candacejo
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns with us. I would like to take the time to address your issues.

We are a smoke free facility and have placed the smoking areas across the driveway from our entry way to ensure the 25 ft. limit is obtained. Designated smoking areas are marked with mounted ash trays attached to the pillars. I do agree that so many staff members outside at once smoking is not an attractive feature. Rest assured I have spoken with the staff and instructed them to take smoke breaks behind the hotel from this point on.

As far as the water pressure, If you had stayed with us during the Hoop Play events, having a hotel at capacity can cause pressure issues if many of the guests are using the shower around the same time. We have hosted several large groups recently and this may have been the case. Regardless I have asked our maintenance staff to check and double check the hotel's pressure to ensure it is up to standard.

We do have ample parking available. Most of our major parking is located between our hotel and the old Denny's restaurant. Our front parking lot is shared with another hotel. Our spaces are separated with white marks, theirs yellow. We accommodate several busses and semi trucks with cargo frequently.

The internet requires an authentication in order to ensure that some guests do not abuse the network causing slowdown for other guests. While the authentication may be frustrating, this method is the best possible solution to ensure one guest is not downloading many things, causing another guest to not be able to access the network at all. The authentication runs on a timer, switching locations in the hotel may cause you to pick up a different router and cause you to authenticate from the new access point.

I really do appreciate any and all comments that make their way to me. Great comments let us know that we have done well. Comments with items to resolve, only ensure that we are informed there is an issue and can work to resolve it.

Any hotel can "say" they have read and worked to resolve the issues. I would rather you come back to us so we can "show" you the difference your comments do make.

-Joey Fogas
Assistant General Manager
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stop here on our way to Oklahoma for the 2nd year in a row. Both times we have received very efficient service and had a nice, clean room. Although the motel is very near I-40, we did not hear any noise from traffic. The continental breakfast offered a variety of choices, from hot foods to bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit. We will probably stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

I am thrilled to see that during both of your stays you experienced an excellent level of service from the staff. We work hard to make sure that is the goal each and every time.

We are pleased to have you as a loyal guest and look forward to your return each year!

Thank you so much for your comments!
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The outside of this hotel looks great! It looks clean and bright and even smells clean. The lobby is lovely and extremely deceiving! It was late and after a whole day of driving we pulled in and was pleased to see a "clean looking" hotel for a good price! We checked in, went and got a bite to eat and headed back to the hotel. We got up to the rooms and I immediately noticed the chair in the corner had stains on it. It was late so I thought it would be best to over look it and get ready for bed. I went to shower the kids and the bath tub looked stained and gross. Since it did look like stains I went ahead and gave them a bath hoping for a good nights sleep. The fold out sofa was lumpy and broken down. I felt horriable even putting my kids on it but it was way too late to be checking out and finding a new hotel at this point! Our bed wasn't much better. It felt dirty and I didn't even use the covers. My husband said it best when he said he left feeing dirty! I wouldn't ever recommend staying here! It was the 2nd comfort suites on our trip we had stayed at and they were both dirty. I will defiantly stick with Hampton Inn's from now on...you do get what you pay for! This place needs to clean their rooms up and make them look as good as the lobby...don't be fooled, run don't walk away from this place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BigBransonLover
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We regret that your experience was not a great one.

I personally wanted to respond to your issues so you know that we do take these reviews seriously and they are not swept under the rug.

Due to the Mayflower oil spill, we have had many workers in and out of the property, which has unfortunately stained some of the furniture and carpets in some rooms. I wanted to personally guarantee you that we do ensure that everything is as clean as possible for the guest. Unfortunately some stains become permanent and cannot be removed despite how often it is washed.

Your concerns have been addressed and forwarded along to the appropriate departments to see what we can do about some of these issues.

If you are ever in the area again, I urge you to come back and let us show you just how important your experience is to us!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'll definitely be staying here for my next business or personal trip! What a great deal for the price!! The Starbucks within walking distance is just one more perk. I'm thrilled that my first stay here was so great, since I travel to the area frequently and had usually stayed at the Hampton Inn, Country Inn & Suites (also a great place to stay), or the Hilton. As others have said, the rooms are spacious and clean. I was also pleased with the internet service, the front desk service and the friendly housekeepers, the hot breakfast, and the rare inclusion of a fridge and microwave in a newer hotel.

My only minor complaint would be that the pool wasn't open during our stay right after Memorial Day, but often we don't get around to using the pool anyway...

Overall, kudos to the management and staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We are so pleased you chose us as your lodging choice!

We are deeply sorry that our pool was down during this time. Unfortunate maintenance issues mixed with businesses being closed for the holiday left us with little choice. We have since resolved the issue and hope you come back so that your GREAT experience can become a PERFECT one.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Clean!!!! My friend and I were caught in tight spot and had to book a hotel room last minute. We picked this hotel based on a few reviews and hoped for the best. We booked the day of our stay over the phone. The customer service was good, and the staff was very nice and down to earth. The absolute best thing about this hotel was the is was clean! I am very particular about hotels when it comes to cleanliness. The floors were stain free, the whole place smelled fresh, and the bedding was all bright white so you could tell whether or not it had been cleaned well, and it had. The price was wonderful (paid about 85 for the night), and the free breakfast wasn't half bad. They even has a supply of extra toiletries such as toothbrushes that you could get for free if you forgot something. The room we were in had a coffee pot (with free coffee), microwave, and a mini fridge all in a little area with a large couch. Very impressed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!

We are glad your experience was a great one! We want to make each guest feel at home, and I am glad you have mentioned some of our amenities. Often times, a last minute trip can cause anyone to forget the most basic of items. We understand this and want to be prepared for you.

We pride ourselves on making sure the guest has everything they need for a comfortable stay. We are more than happy to accommodate in any way possible.

Maumelle, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My stay at the Comfort Suites was exceptional. The rooms are not only reasonably priced but everyone working there provided amazing customer service. The rooms are very clean and spacious and if anything thing is wrong the staff will bend over backwards to make it right. I would recommend staying here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property! Our staff strives to make each guest feel welcome and uses all available resources to help elevate the experience and set us apart from other hotels.

We very much appreciate the time you have taken to write this review to us and other travelers in the area.