“Shinny Clean and Quiet”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our third floor end room overlooking the parking lot was spacious, clean, and quite. We frequently stay at Comfort Inns and Suits and consider this facility to be a representative example of the quality this chain provides; at $80 per night we considered this to be a good value. One glitch we noticed was that room service skimped in servicing our room; bed not made and tub not cleaned.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

One of the greatest things about our hotel is the fact that we do have very spacious rooms to help guests feel a little more at home and not a "cramped up" space to stay! We are very happy that you feel like you got your "bang for your buck"! We work very hard to hold very competitive rates with all the amentities of home! I will ensure that the next time you stay, your service to your room is gone above and beyond as we try to do on a daily basis! We look forward to you returning to our hotel!

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Folks were very kind and supportive to all our requests. Breakfast was typical and clean. Staff was friendly and courteous. Nothing to knock your socks off, but clean and affordable so it worked for us.

• Stayed: September 2012
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

We are very happy that you found our hotel clean, affordable and that the staff treated you well. We hope that when you return to Conway, you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

First thing to notice is stained area rug in lobby and sticky tiles. The hallway on the 3rd floor sported 2 dead bugs lying up against the baseboards along with stained carpeting. Room was dusty and easy chair and duvet cover on one bed was badly stained.

The juice pitchers (3) had scotch tape holding the lids on and the orange juice was sour. Breakfast attendant sat and read the Sunday paper while guests ate. The biscuit gravy was warm milk we're guessing. Sure was THIN and no meat to be found.

Friendly staff however.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb F
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I wanted to make sure I responded, as I feel all concerns should be addressed.

We have a lot of contractors that stay with the business, and sometimes they aren’t the cleanest clients. Constant foot traffic from groups, such as oil field workers, does take its toll on our carpeting and rugs. We strive to keep up with the traffic by shampooing and vacuuming daily. However, stains can and will set in over time. Short of replacing our carpet, it’s all we can do to ensure the carpets are, indeed, clean.

As for the tape over the juice pitchers, there is a manufacturing defect with the lids. We contacted the company to have them send us replacements. Tape was used to keep the contents from spilling until our new ones arrived. We apologize for it looking tacky. I assure you, this is not standard practice.

I also addressed your concerns with our gravy with our breakfast attendant. I do apologize for this. The breakfast attendant was a new hire and was not aware of the amount of sausage to add to the mix. I want to express that this issue has been addressed.

Thank you for addressing your issues with me and I hope that when you are in our area again, you will stay with us and give us another try!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while in Conway on business. The room was clean and looked fine until it rained for 10 minutes on the third night of our stay.....and then the great outdoors came inside. I woke in the middle of the night to find 2 black beetles IN my bed crawling on my leg. (these are the 1 1/2 inch long beetles they have in the south, not little lady bugs) To say I was grossed out is an understatement....Upon inspection, I found a space near the air conditioning unit where they must have crawled in. The desk staff offered to move us down the hall or fix it. I opted to have them correct the problem rather than move all my stuff to the other end of the hotel. BIG MISTAKE. The fix was stuffing a towel in the hole, spraying the room with Raid and changing all the sheets - something we didn't find out until we returned after midnight. While getting ready for bed, I saw crickets walking aross the floor. My daughter caught one, brought it to the desk and told them we still have a problem. Once again, the person on night duty apologized and said it's hard to keep crickets out, they would respray in the morning and did I want to move? I asked if it would help and was told that the entire hotel was having a cricket problem, so.... She stopped short of saying 'no' and since moving wouldn't make a difference, we went back, ripped the room apart to check for bugs and tried to sleep. By this time, it was 4 in the morning and we had to be out at 7am so the night was lost. As I left, I told them I expected the room sprayed again. Well that night we got back and things looked okay. No beetles in the bed, no crickets running around....until we turned the light off. That's when it got really fun because the crickets we didn't find started singing. They were in all areas of the room, calling to each other, qite teh chorus going on. I went right out to the desk, where the poor kid who was on night duty watching the front admitted to me that the hotel was infested, Terminex had come once already and was due to come back on Monday (this was Saturday into Sunday) He didn't know what rooms were available, but it was very clear that all the offers to move would not have solved the problem. We checked out very early that morning. I told the manager on duty (who I had been dealing with all along) what I had learned about the bug problem. He admitted it but REFUSED to refund my money for the 3 nights of problems because I declined to move. I aked how moving would help when the entire hotel has a problem and got no response. I also told him that had he been honest with me when the problem first started, I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. I called Choice Hotels Customer service and told them what happened, and they apologized and contacted the hotel on my behalf. The manager, Mellissa Britton, sent me a poorly written letter apologing for the problem, thanking me for bringing the matter to their attention and looking forward to serving me in the future. Another call to Choice hotels brought an offer of 1 night refund in the form of a check that will arrive in 4 to 6 WEEKS. My next call is to Visa to dispute the entire charge. They can fight it out. I'm done trying to be reasonable. Moral of the story, if you like to be lulled to sleep by the crickets and share your beg with bugs, this is the place for you. Me, I like a little civilization in my hotels and I won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank busybusybusyNY

We are saddened to see that you had a bad experience.

The entire state was under a burn ban due to heavy drought and soaring temperatures. This played heavily on your experience. We called terminix several times about this issue. We were told that the entire city was experiencing the exact same problem. According to them, there was not much anyone could do about the situation as the reason for the swarm of crickets around the city was because they were seeking water. Our second and third floors had very little issue with this problem, as they entered through the bottom level, which is why we were so persistent in offering the move.

Rest assured, we did not take this issue lightly. We had our hotel sprayed several times by professionals prior to your arrival and twice during your stay, on top of having our own maintenance and maids equipped with spray.

Since our rains, the problem went away on its own. This was a fluke of nature that just seemed to happen at the most inconvenient time.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Hotel is Very nice, however the parking is terrible. It seen as though the area has tried to jam too many hotel/businesses in too small of an area. There was not near enough parking for the size hotel. I had to park at the hotel jammed up against the CS. It appears the other establishments were there first. Therefore the CS jammed their big lovely hotel into a space way too cramped. They appeared to have Wifi, but it was VERY slow and dropped out often on My iPad.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank McElSteve

I am so glad that you loved our hotel! Parking on very busy nights can be a challenge! We are very sorry that this was a problem that you encountered during your stay. When a popular hotel, such as ours, is at max capacity, and several rooms have more that one vehicle, it tends to make parking very challenging. In regards to your internet connection with your iPad, this is not a normal issue. Perhaps we had numerous guests logging on at the same time and caused an issue. We have one of the best internet packages available, however, over-logging is something that is beyond our control. I hope during your next stay, you will not encounter this issue again!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The location was nice. We only stayed for one night. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable, that is the main bed, the pull out was broke on one side. My real issue was with the bathroom. The tub was dirty and mold was around the tub. you could see the ring around the tube from some one having a bath.
I am disappointed with the service, because I have not received an email even after I sent the my complaint about the bathroom.
The best part was breakfast and the lady working the breakfast bar. I tip my hat off to her.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank T M

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! As I noticed in your picture, the tub definately needed to be recaulked. The yellow at the bottom of the tub, however, was a "fix" gone bad! As we had some new tubs that had been damaged during installation and we called on two companies to fix the repairs. The repairs were not done correctly and left our tubs yellow and "patchy" looking. We hope that you can understand our situation at that time and will give us another chance next time you are in Conway!

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Our group was in town for a funeral. The woman in charge of breakfast was rude the entire length of our stay. She told people to evacuate the area at 9:30 promptly so she could go home and dislikes children. We've never paid so much to be so disrepected. It's not too often you run into people that hate children but watch out here or do what she told us to do, go to the pool instead????!!!! There are 20 other really nice hotels in the area without breakfast trolls.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank txtravelers2012

As a manager and a consumer, this type of behavior is unacceptable! We deeply apologize for this horrible incident. Please know that the day I spoke with you in regards to this incident, was that employees last day of working here at our property, as we strive for professional behavior! I hope you will give us another chance in the future!