“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Price!”

Candlewood Suites Conway
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Candlewood in Conway for a few nights while some repairs were made to our home. We checked around at a couple other hotels before booking with Candlewood and realized we were basically paying $30 more at the nearby hotels for breakfast and a pool, which we did not need. The Candlewood had exactly what we needed and the price was just right. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a full kitchen so we were able to cook meals in our room and that is a nice touch. Walmart is right next door which made it convenient for us to grab a few items that we needed. We loved that we could use their laundry machines for free (all we needed was our own soap...which we bought from Walmart, but noticed they do sell single use boxes in the pantry). The staff here is great and you can see they really care about their guests. I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Ruth Ann L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Conway, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your comments are appreciated and I have made sure to share your review with my entire team. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room while you were away from your home due to repairs. We hope our services allowed you to be a little less stressed during those repairs and please know you will always find a "home away from home" with us here at Candlewood Suites, Conway, AR.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I am in town at least once a month and I always stay here.. The staff is first rate, the rooms are always clean, and of course, being a Candlewood, the amenities are great for extended stays.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Ruth Ann L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Conway, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We genuinely appreciate your business and your willingness to share your thoughts about our hotel. I have shared your response with my entire team and we are pleased in knowing we have provided the level of service you have come to expect from IHG. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have been traveling to Conway for extended stays since 2006 - roughly the year when Candlewood opened. Needless to say, 6 years later, I am still staying here.

The staff is always friendly and helpful. I tend to work on shifts, which normally makes things difficult in hotels when I am trying to sleep during the day. Candlewood Conway is flexible with my room cleaning schedule ALWAYS, and will do their best to clean my room around my needs.

Thanks to all of the Candlewood staff, front desk, management and housekeeping. You are always smiling - it helps with the daily grind.

As long as I'm down here, you can count on my business.

Scott C.

Room Tip: Call ahead at least two to three weeks in advance. Conway is a fast growing community, especially i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your repeat business over the past 6 years. We understand you have many choices when it comes to lodging in our area and we are thrilled that you have chosen to stay with us during your trips to Conway. Your response has been shared with my entire team and we are pleased to know we have provided the level of service you have come to expect from IHG. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I enjoyed my 2 night stay. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the amenitities were great! This will be my new how when staying in Conway!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This was our first experience staying at a Candlewood Suites. We liked the concept of the suites that are available and the room quality was pretty good, except:....

in the second night of our three night stay, my wife and I were awakened at 1 AM by loud talking, slamming doors, etc. on our floor. Neither of us were happy about being awakened. I was hopeful that this was a short-term problem - but was in for an hour of hearing people yelling, fighting (some physical), and many items being thrown in the hall. I didn't dare do in the hall to ask for quiet - each room is equipped with knives. I called the front desk a couple of times and strongly urged the night auditor to call the police. I never did hear the police come to break up the fracas. Fortunately, the violent disturbance ended after an hour.

The part that really irritated my wife and I was the lukewarm (at best) response by the two young ladies working at the front desk the next day. It was more of a "it's not our fault" tone. This was coupled with "We had a couple of people loitering".

The bottom line is this - if you like to be awakened to a WWE match in the middle of the night, this is the place to stay. If you have children and do not want them to hear fighting, cussing, and drunken behavior, you should choose a different place to stay. The place does not have security and appear to not want to contact the police when fighting occurs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlphaRam
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We were quite impressed with the room and the "pantry" was really convienient! Overall wonderful stay!! Thanks so much!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We checked in late, and I was impressed by the newness and cleanliness of the hotel. Check in was simple. When we got to our room, we had to practically kick the door to get it to open as it would catch after opening about an inch. The room itself was nice and clean with a fully stocked kitchen, which we liked. The desk clerk was very unpleasant when I went to the desk to ask for something. I was not greeted by anyone my entire stay. The door to enter the lobby was not a automatic sliding door, which made it very difficult to get in with arms loaded, and when the staff members inside saw me struggling, no one offered any assistance. Our room was not cleaned our entire stay (3 days), nor were our towels replaced. I also couldn't find any comment cards, and felt that reporting these problems would not do any good, so I did not bother. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple