“Quick, affordable, and delicious southern food -- close to I-40!”
Review of Cast Iron Skillet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cast Iron Skillet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We live in Conway and have heard repeatedly that we should try the Cast Iron Skillet. I am so glad that we finally did today. My husband, myself, and our young boys (ages 7 and 9) all loved it. The prices are reasonable (adult plate $6.95 and kids-with drink and dessert- only $4) and food was delicious. It's served in the cafeteria style and menu changes slightly each day. The line moved quickly and there was plenty of staff who were constantly cleaning the dining area....I'm very picky about cleanliness and friendly employees and they had both. This location is only open from 10:30-7:30 Monday-Friday, but when it's open it's a great alternative to the typical chain places. Oh, they do have a drive thru too, if needed. Located in front of Walmart and at same exit as Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I enjoyed my lunchtime business trip to Cast Iron Skillet last week. I got the smthered pork chop special with fried okra and hashbrown casserole and was equally impressed with each item. All were hot and flavored nicely. Just simple food prepared correctly and served hot at a reasonable price. Seems simple, but not a lot of places even get that right! I was impressed.

1  Thank gaige1212
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is the same wonderful food you find at Hole in the Wall in Conway but the lines are shorter and you can go there after work hours. For people who work outside of Conway or have short lunch breaks Cast Iron Skillet solves your problem. Now you can go in the evening or get take home dinner. They aren't open on the weekend because they say they work their hearts out all week and need the rest.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cast Iron Skillet is currently owned by the same AMAZING people who run Hole-In-the-Wall Cafe.
The same food, but extended hours. The service is always friendly and the food is good down home cooking. My favorite is the chicken fried chicken. Yum, Yum, Yum!!!!

1  Thank A W