“Very good food and very nice people.”

Russo Coal Fired Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The centerpiece of any Russo's restaurant is the 7,000lb coal fired oven. Only a toll like this can infuse pizza so completely and deliciously with the unique flavors of the pizzas toppings, and even the oven itself. Here at Russo's, we specialize in New York Style thin crust pizza. Everything in store is made fresh to order, and we source only the best ingredients to bring you the best flavors. In the words of founder Anthony Russo's father, we operate under the principle of "If you can't make it fresh, don't serve it!". It was this commitment to quality supplemented by a desire to share that led Russo's to conquer New York, and then other lands all over the nation. Russo's features a wide variety on the menu, from traditional favorite like our pizza, to various seafood dishes, sandwiches, pastas, cheesecakes and the like.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Spent the night in Conway, AR and spotted Russo's while searching for a place to have an evening meal. We were not familiar with the restaurant and were trying to decide when the receptionists greeted us and were so friendly that their warm welcome persuaded us to give it a try. I tried a cup of clam chowder that was as good as any I've had. The rest of the food was very good and overall we had a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a solid choice for eating in Conway. The food is very good, but on my most recent visit they seemed to have changed their menu...not in a positive direction. The bread basket is not nearly as good and the chicken parmesean entree was not nearly as good as it had been previously. The dish had chunks of chicken (precooked?) mixed in the pasta rather than the previous - and traditional - breast. Still a good choice. Also, closing at 10p on a Friday night...what's up with that?

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We went to Russo's after church on Sunday night. (This WAS my daughter's favorite place.) There were two other tables inside and a couple outside, so they were not busy. We had a party of 9, so I called ahead to make sure they could accommodate us.

It started out bad from the beginning. My dad ordered water with lemon and got water only. He also ordered bread that took 30 minutes and 4 reminders to our server to get. It was cold and not worth the wait. Nothing more than flat pizza crust...

We ordered the garlic knots and calimari as apps. The 9.00 order of knots was nothing more than pizza dough and the Calimari was pre-made fried from frozen.

My brother, the foodie, noticed the kitchen equipment so he ordered a calzone that he knew would not go through a microwave. I wasn't so lucky!

I ordered the Chicken Marsala. (so did my 18 yr old and she had the same experience.) The food all came out at the same time mine was kinda warm and my 4-year old daughter's bowtie pasta was "lava" hot! My chicken was hard on the outside...too hard to saw with my knife. I asked for another piece that came out smothered in sauce. (Hiding something) My chicken came out again and I sawed off a piece and tried it. I thought I broke a tooth! I literally took inventory with my tongue. The tip was as hard as bone. They obviously microwaved it to death! We asked the server Diana H, if they used microwaves, she didn't know. How would she, she wasn't capable of bringing bread and getting a lemon!

When asked for a desert order, we declined, figuring it would be just thawed out nastiness...

I'm not sure why there are so many good reviews of this place. They really have the people in Conway fooled. A restaurant like this would not last through lunch service in the Dallas maket. Pitiful service and even worse food!

If you read this review, and still go, remember- You Were Warned!

1  Thank Alan E
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I noted gluten free pizza crust on the menu we received when we checked into our nearby hotel. When I asked our waitress about it, she told us she would have them start on bread. Unbelievable bread, coated in olive oil and seasoning! Great service to top it off. (And my husband's regular pizza was also excellent.)

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter Kentreal was knowledgable, friendly, and effeciant. The manager Courtney turned down a group of ball players so we wouldn't be 'overrun by kids', thereby "ruining your dinning experience." The menu was chock full of choices, and history to boot. All of our food was fresh and very good. We shall be back.