“I do like a good macaroni and cheese”
Review of Hole in the Wall

Hole in the Wall
Ranked #55 of 230 Restaurants in Conway
Cuisines: American
Description: Home of real southern cooking! Casual, cafeteria style lunch. We also offer catering and our facility is available (with or without catering) for rental for weddings, receptions, reunions, etc.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Hole In The Wall is not open for supper so I have had a hard time making it to this restaurant. I had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and macaroni and cheese. The chicken fried steak was good, but I would have liked a larger portion. The mashed potatoes and gravy was very good, but the macaroni and cheese was the best thing that I ate, I do like a good macaroni and cheese. I will be going back so I can try the fried cornbread.

There are newer reviews for Hole in the Wall

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Located in a former cotton gin, the restaurant has a light and airy quality. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. This is a plate lunch place, with choices of several meats, veggies and breads. The typical diner orders one meat, two veggies and a bread for seven dollars. This is typical southern, diner fare and so one should not be surprised by the sogginess of the veggies or the grease absorbed by the fried meat. Particularly laden was the fried cornbread, which was particularly recommended by the server and which weighed the heaviest on the stomach. While the server described the choices as awesome, I would use the adjective average. Average is also the size of the portions, which in this day and age is a good thing.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Located in downtown conway's old cotton gin building, The Hole In The Wall is the place to be for lunch. Not open on weekends or evenings... So ya better make it for the down-home cooked lunch. We had the smothered pork chops, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and black eye peas. Great service, nice people- even the owner came to our table to talk with us. Pies are supposed to be the best and will try next time for sure,,, but gotta get there early because when they are out, they are out.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Southern food. However, Hole in the Wall is definitely the place to go and their new location is so much fun! The menu changes daily, so every time you eat will promise a new experience. During my visit, we tried the friend chicken and pot roast and were both pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was looking for a place for lunch in Conway and decided on Hole in the Wall after all the positive remarks on TA. We were all pleased with lunch. 2 tried the chicken fried chicken, 1 had catfish and I tried the shrimp pasta. Popular sides were mashed potatoes and gravy, loaded mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and fried okra. The fried cornbread was tasty, I had never had that before. And the 2 pies we chose were a sweet ending to our lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We didn't have a wait at all. I'd eat here again and recommend other try it out.

3  Thank AllesonWonderland

Been to Hole in the Wall? Share your experiences!