“Disappointing”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Conway
tennessee
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was amiable. However within 30 minutes of checking out I went back to my room to retrieve a bag of fruit and a knife from the fridge. (I called within 10 minutes and told the front desk I had left it and was returning) The bag was there but the housekeepers had no idea where the contents were. I leave things for housekeeping on road trips, but within 30 minutes I would expect them to hand over my stuff. I am just glad I remembered to get my sunglasses and iPad from the room. No one was able to communicate with the housekeeping staff, and after complaining to corporate I was given 50% off my room. I won't visit these properties again. There are many choices in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank susie t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Checked into 103 did my usual bedbug check and for the first time found some evidence of bedbugs! I found 7 or 8 bedbug casings on the mattress and told the manager about it. He moved us to the room next door (which I was not happy about) but I checked that room and it seemed clear so since it was pushing 1 am and my toddler and husband were super cranky we stayed. Now I'm regretting that decision because I'm nervous that some may have hitched a ride with us even though we did not get bitten or bring our luggage into the room. I am 8 months pregnant right now and we are moving across the country and I really hope we don't infect our new home with these horrible bugs!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Kjdandjbd
NYC
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I wish all La Quinta's looked like this one! I haven't stayed at many of them, but my mom is accruing points as she travels and stays in La Quinta's (you get a free night at some point) so we stayed here on a cross-country drive.

We walked in and it smelled like warm cookies. I said this to the gal behind the desk who said "yes, I'm baking them and they should be done any minute now." Nice touch. Check-in was a breeze as was check-out. The hotel is decorated in a very bright and modern way and the whole place is CLEAN. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was new and towels were good, TV was flat screen and worked, AC was a wall unit but controlled by a modern thermostat installed on an interior wall (worked well). Breakfast in the AM was waffles, cheese omelets, biscuits and gravy, cereals, eggs, yogurts, coffee & tea, juices, etc. There was a medium-sized crowd in there eating and the food was plentiful.

This is located immediately off of 1-40 so you can hop on and off as you travel. It is also located right next to an Outback Steakhouse so you can walk 50 feet to dinner if you want steak. There are other restaurants within walking or a 3 minute drive of the hotel. I think there's also a big-box store a block away (Target? Walmart?) in case you need to stock up on supplies.

I would absolutely stay here again. This is a pet-friendly hotel (we brought our Boston Terrier) but it did not smell of pets nor did I hear another pet while staying there.

Room Tip: On a Fri or Sat night ask for a room facing away from Outback Steakhouse.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LemonCake
Osage Beach, Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were in Conway over the weekend to visit friends and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. It currently looks brand new with very updated, modern rooms and the whole hotel is very tastefully decorated. Our room was very clean and overall this hotel exceeded our expectations of a weekend stay in Arkansas! Truly made it a great getaway. Breakfast was a standard continental but still very good. They keep it continuously fresh and stocked. Also a pet friendly hotel and we were able to bring our dog! It worked out great and we would definitely stay here again if we ever had to stay in Conway!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CaraLen
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I'll echo several of the previous reviews and say that this hotel was great. Facilities were very clean, the room as nice as most 3-star hotels I've experienced, great location and reasonable price. Pet friendly but very little evidence of animal wear and tear in the room or around the property. There are a number of hotels in very close proximity to each other in this area; it seems like this contributes to increased competition for business, which works out nicely for the traveler. Very close proximity to various restaurants makes this a very convenient location.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again for business or family travel - even if I wasn't limited in options by traveling with a pet.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to obtain the lowest rate and avoid pet fees. Price check other similar hot...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RufusLo
Atlanta GA
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a really nice property.....good indoor pool and spa, comfortable beds and room.
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. A real plus is that the hotel is within walking distance to two good restaurants. After a day in the car you don't need to drive to dinner!!
One of the nicer La Quintas we have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JYA6768
Stafford, VA
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at the La Quinta while we were passing through Arkansas. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. What more could you want for an overnight stay?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family