“Close to interstate”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Conway
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Have stayed here for past 3 years when I'm in the Conway area. Very nice breakfast offering served in a room that is very comfortable. Close to several restaurants for lunch and diner meals.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I visited for two week nights. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and you had to look pretty hard to see any wear and tear. The bed was a little hard. My husband was not impressed with the breakfast. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would choose to stay here again if we find ourselves visiting Conway in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very clean and nice. The rooms were spacious and updated. The beds were comfortable and clean along. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of hot water! We stayed right next to the elevator and ice machine which I wouldn't recommend just because we could hear people coming & going. There was a large selection for breakfast along with cookies in the afternoon. It is right next to the shopping centers and resturants so very convient. I will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the halls would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very nice and very competitively priced hotel, centrally located in Conway, Arkansas close to I-40. Very friendly staff. Will continue to be my first choice in hotels when staying in the area. Actually found the best price by calling the front desk. They beat out all of the prices offered by the travel websites.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay. We were upgraded from the wheelchair accessible room (that we didn't need-it was the only standard available when we booked) to a King Jacuzzi Suite for only $10 (normally $70 more). Service was great. And the location is prime with shopping and eating in walking distance. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

On our recent trip this weekend to Petit Jean (cabins were all booked up), we stayed here since I was able to get the 1 bedroom suite (two queens) on 3rd floor for myself, wife and three boys (6, 10 & 13). Location is great and the room was good, no issues really, it was what we expected (no wow surprises but solid and smoke free inside!). The two tv's were a must between the five of us. My three boys loved the breakfast since they have the make your own waffles along with many other options (biscuits, gravy, sausage/bacon, eggs, cereal, bagels, fruit, coffee, etc) the Sunday morning breakfast had more options out than Monday morning, but still plenty. All kinds for restaurants/ fast food around hotel and Target right behind it also. We had a back room view so nothing special (loading area of shopping center behind hotel). We didn't hear any truck noise though at all while in the room. Rooms are showing age a little but nothing really noticeable. Hotel has inside swimming pool and hot tub we saw many people using and it looked fine. Hotel staff was very friendly on check-in and accommodating when we needed extra towels, no problems at all. Over all good experience and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I gave this hotel a rather scathing review about six months ago. On a subsequent visit to Conway, I stayed at the Hilton, which was a great experience. Unfortunately, the Hilton was booked solid for my most recent trip (Hendrix family weekend) and I had to stay at the Country Inn and Suites again. Everything seemed clean and in order when we entered the room, but upon walking into the bathroom, I couldn't help but notice the dirty diaper in the trash can! My husband carried the trash can down to the front desk, so that management would be aware of the housekeeping issue. I decided to ignore the whiskers in the sink (the baby's father's?) and the rest of our stay was uneventful. Honestly, I wouldn't have written this review at all, but for what happened after we checked out. My husband was missing his leather tobacco pouch (pipe smoker) so we returned to the hotel - his assumption was that it had fallen out of his pocket in the room. He got a key from the front desk and went up to the room, which was being cleaned. When asked about the pouch, the maid gestured toward her large trash can. He rummaged through the trash and found it. And yes, he stopped by the desk on the way out to inform management that she had tossed it. Never again people, never again....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PainAuChocolat17
Danny P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Conway, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concern with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Warm Regards,