“Michelangelo's Many Menu Offerings”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michelangelos Italian Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Conway, Arkansas
“Michelangelo's Many Menu Offerings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you visit the 3-college town of Conway, Arkansas, make Michelangelo's a part of your meal planning. Even in our mid-sized city, diners can find urban chic in this richly renovated space. Our ladies-who-lunch group (with some rather sophisticated palates) can always find something to enjoy. I do not go without organizing the Caprese Salad. The gourmet-quality tomatoes topped with those delectable balls of cheese as white as clouds is offset nicely by the pleasant "bite" of the greenery and the flavorful drizzle. The dining companion to my right had the grilled salmon salad, artfully centered on mixed fresh greens and punctuated with bright yellow lemon wedges. The evening menu offers a wider range of pastas, fish, and traditional fare. The only thing I have not enjoyed was the gnocchi, which was just a bit heavy. Dessert lovers can extend their enjoyment with a superb selection of sweets. My final word on Michelangelo's? MEMORABLE.

• Visited March 2013

Shelbyville, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, I was expecting good Italian food; maybe not Little Italy, but better than pedestrian. I was disappointed. The service was excellent, and the ambiance nice. I ordered the saltimbocca with angel hair pasta and a wedge salad. The wedge was excellent, but iceberg lettuce and blue cheese isn't much of a challenge. The saltimbocca was served very quickly; too quickly I thought. Did they prepare it, or just microwave it? The angel hair pasta turned out to be linguini, and the saltimbocca was simply not tender at all, and plain tasting. The price was fair at $15.99, however. My second dinner in Conway was a Mike's Place, which deserves its first place ranking.

• Visited November 2012
Arkansas
“Discover Michaelangelos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We were taken to Michaelangelos recently for lunch while in Conway. I didn't know about the place before and we had a good overall experience. If you can go while they are having the downtown art walk you will get to enjoy great art from locals as well as a good meal. It's an Italian menu that had all the usials. There was a good selection of fish as well. I had the shrimp and grits and it was olk, nothing spectacular. Service was adequate and atmosphere was great. If you are downtown Conway check it out, especially during art walks

Ozarks
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a small event here for our church and we had great food and service. They even made up special menus for us! The only downside was the noise as our room did not have a door. We will return here though to eat many meals. I heard the Sunday buffet was especially nice. I've had lunch here with my college son and it was great. Rolls are really nice! I keep telling him to take a date here. We'll see if he listens to his mom on this! They have music on roof top bar too! The interior design is especially classy and very upscale for Central Arkansas! Loved it!

Visited August 2012
cakelady83
“Don't waste $$ on dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is good at Italian food, for sure. My hubby's favorite place in Conway, but every time we go, I order dessert hoping something changed in the month since our last visit. Every time I am so disappointed. The Italian cream cake has a crumbly and dry, generic white cake for the base with a small amout of decent cream cheese icing topped with coconut and pecans. Its not even a true Italian cream cake. The tiramisu is mediocre at best. I even asked if they made their own desserts because I would have given them a break if they didn't, but the waitress said everything was from scratch. Ugh... the food really is great, but don't save room for dessert.