“Deliberate Overcharge”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Fountain Valley, California
“Deliberate Overcharge”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel over the internet, so I had no idea of what it would be like. It was below standard and I didn't care for the adult store being located right next door. Also, though we did not use the pool, it was not pleasant to see a swimming pool less than half full and tinged with a green color. Also, the bathroom did not appear to have been swept, as their was a dirt clod behind the door. Upon check out I was charged a different rate than I received over the internet. We are seniors and we were given a 10% cut, which brought out room to $58.49, from the $64.99 regular price before discounts. We were given that rate for the room, but we were overcharged on the tax and then extra monies were charged to bring the tax and extra monies to an even $10.00. Instead of our receiving our room at the senior rate we received it at closer to the actual rate without the senior discount. It is a small amount and I didn't catch the difference upon check out, but their dishonesty does not sit well with me. If I hadn't made reservations at a couple other Super 8's already, we would not stay at this hotel chain again, and won't.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were traveling with a dog, and if not for that we would have definitely stayed elsewhere!! It is next to an Adult Superstore with a BIG security light and my husband and I barely slept a wink keeping an eye out for our 12-year-old daughter. My husband caught a big bug which had been crawling on his face - UGH! The bathroom ceiling tiles would jump upon opening/closing the door, the vent sounded like a jet engine, and the shower was not so great (my husband wore shower shoes - my daughter and I did not chance it). Then upon checkout (the owner in his PJ's) charged us an additional $20 for the dog (which we had already notified him of when making reservations at the 1-800 #). At this point we just wanted to LEAVE! Stop in Russelville or keep driving to Ft. Smith.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clarksville hotels

Queens, NY
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Bed linens had scuff marks; pillowcases had magic marker markings for "Super8"
Bathtub porcelain scrapped off to bottom finish
Coffee maker shorted out
A/C insufficient
Bathroom door frayed so that leg was scraped while entering and exiting bathroom.

Room Tip: Avoid this Super 8