“Nice little hotel”

Hampton Inn Clarksville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was visiting friends at the University of the Ozarks and this was a perfect place to stay. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were good and I liked it that they even had breakfast to take out ready for those who didn't have time to sit and eat and only could grab a bag to go.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CruzC

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I liked this place. It was fairly quiet, with some slamming doors late at night. The room was comfortable and clean, the staff friendly. It was well located for my purposes, right off the freeway and close to my workplace. There were not any good restaurants nearby but it was a quick trip down the freeway to the next exit for that (well, as good as restaurants get in Clarksville, AR). My only complaints were: I killed a giant bug in my bathroom the first night that was absolutely disgusting; there was no fitness center BUT the hotel has an agreement with the Holiday Inn Express next door to let their customers use their fitness room; and they had only an indoor pool while the Holiday Inn next door had an outdoor pool, and I was there in hot, sunny weather. I wouldn't have discovered the outdoor pool next door if I had not used the fitness center there (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, maybe a bike?). When I had come over from Hampton that morning to work out, Holiday Inn workers gave me a key card to use to get into the fitness center. So I kept it and went back that afternoon after work to use the pool. I was the only one there and no one said a word to me (no one even saw me as far as I know). But I felt a little guilty, and next time I'd do it legally, just stay at the Holiday Inn, IF I thought it was going to be swimming weather. If I didn't care about an outdoor pool or it wasn't going to be swimming weather, I'd definitely stay at the Hampton again. It seemed friendlier. The breakfast was very good; biscuits and gravy, eggs, etc. plus all the usual cold choices.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank saraallison
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Although the lobby is a bit overdone it still looks cute. They are always friendly and we plan on staying there on our trips west and on the return east. Nice business center for a small motel. Rooms are always clean and the staff is exceptionally pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Captain113
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We have stayed at the Clarksville Hampton Inn numerous times over the years. Our recent five week trip started, and ended with stays there. We are always extremely pleased with our accommodations and the staff there. I'm not sure how they maintain that "new" look but the place always looks like it just opened. We paid three times as much at some places and some were fancier but none was any cleaner, more comfortable or had a nicer staff than Clarksville. Keep up the good work Nancy and crew.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R&MRich
Reviewed October 11, 2009

This was one of the best accomodations we've stayed in on all of our travels. The staff at the front desk as well as the breakfast bar attendant were extremely courteous and friendly. After we got settled in our room, the front desk clerk called and asked if everything was o.k.. We were very impressed.

Enjoyed the breakfast, the room, decor - everything. Actually, we enjoyed the "cowboy bordello" look, especially after we toured the Miss Laura's Visitor Center in nearby Ft. Smith.

This motel was a short drive to Mount Magazine State Park as well as five local award-winning wineries.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2008

The real commodities: comfortable bed, clean room, working heat and air were fine, but the decor in the hotel lobby looks like a bordello in a cowboy movie set. It kind of gave me the creeps every time I walked through it. I had forgotten that I had stayed there before and said I wouldn't be back because of it. I was there with numerous relatives and most of them had the same reaction.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 16, 2008

My car broke down on me while I was driving from OK to TN. Out of all the exits I could have ended up pulling over at I am so glad it was this one. I agree with another reviewer here who wrote that when you hear the price you feel like saying "You're kidding".
From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcome.
I ended up getting there quite late and there was no place still open that would deliver food. My car was in too bad of shape for me to go off looking for something. The girl at the front desk gave me some yogurt, banana, oat meal, some ritz cheese snacks and some water. That was dinner but I sure did appreciate it!
The room was great. Very clean and it had a great flat screen TV. I ended up being stranded for two nights here and to be honest didn't mind at all. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful as well. The indoor pool is in great condition and well maintained. I was able to get me a Newsweek from the lobby and they also provide complimentary newspapers as well.
Also, if you find yourself in the same position as me and have a car in need of repairs I would fully recommend 'Valley Motors'. It's about a mile up the road. Turn right at the stop sign as you leave the parking lot. The owner there ended up fixing my car for $200 less than he originally quoted me. He also gave me a ride to the motel and picked me up when my car was ready.
I can not think of one negative thing to say about this motel. I would whole heartedly recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Ozcfied
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
0 mi away
#2 of 16 in Russellville
Ozark Inn & Suites
Ozark Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Ozark

Been to Hampton Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!