“Excellent place for solitude”
The Sanctuary Suite in the morning light.
The Sanctuary Suite and lagoon against the mountains. Morning sunrise from the Sanctuary Suite deck.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The Sanctuary Suite in the morning light.
The Sanctuary Suite and lagoon against the mountains.
Morning sunrise from the Sanctuary Suite deck.
StonCara (StoneFriend) the Sanctuary  Suite\'s private lagoon.
Sanctuary Suite's spacious hot tub overlooking the mountains.
The Sanctuary Suite's garden decks.
The Sanctuary Suite\'s living and bedroom areas in open architecture.
Our custom queen beds offer the utmost in comfort.
Living Room area, bedroom area in the back.
Living area with recliner.
Ceiling dome and skylight in the Sanctuary Suite.
Television, gas 'antique' log flame stove, and writing table.
Sanctuary Suite's kichen.
Living room with kitchen in the back.
View from the front door of the Sanctuary Suite.
Autumn across the mountains from StoneWind.
Deer roam StoneWind's mountain. often close to Yurt decks.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Brkpnt
Oklahoma City
“Excellent place for solitude”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I went for solitude and that is what I received. It's a beautiful location, on top of a mountain, surrounded by other mountains that I could look over and ponder life. I spent most of my time on the ample deck day and night, the stars were brilliant, the rising of the moon over the mountains beyond beautiful. The inside of the yurt was well appointed; the bed was comfortable, the kitchen adequate for cooking anything you could want, the views amazing. I highly recommend Jennifer Henderson, Massage Therapist – she has amazing talent. The drive up the mountain was scary the first time because it is gravel and quite steep, but I got over that after driving up & down the mountain a few times. My only regret is that I didn’t follow another reviewer when he said that he thought #6 was the best – I didn’t request a specific yurt. I stayed in #1 which is fine except that it is the 1st yurt on the road to the other 5 yurts, and so I could hear every car that went by – there weren’t that many cars, but since all roads are gravel I could hear each and every vehicle. I was further disappointed when I realized at the end of my stay that the yurts further away from the “busy” road weren’t used the entire time that I was there – I would think that the management would put a first time guest in one of the better yurts. In addition, the internet for my yurt didn’t work the entire time I was there, even though the management tried to get it fixed, and allowed me to use their office whenever I needed internet. Also, the water pressure in the shower was terrible, but was fine in the other faucets. I didn’t mention that problem to management until the day before I left, management offered to put a new shower head on, but I told them not to worry about it as I didn’t want to be disturbed. I would recommend Stone Wind to everyone, whether one wants solitude or romance, it is a perfect place for it – just specifically ask for #’s 4, 5, or 6.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views, silence
Liked least: The location of my particular yurt
Traveling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$179
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing