“Nice Accommodation”

The Bird In Hand Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Knowl Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for a night as at a friends party. Plenty of parking and had a nice feel to it. Our room was a double but downstairs in the courtyard ground floor. So it was very cool and very comfortable, also very clean. The only problem was that is does state you can book in at 2pm, but our room wasn't ready till after 3pm. A staff member did say they would look into that as it should be 3pm not 2pm. A really nice breakfast and all staff very friendly. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahphilcox
BirdInHandKnowlHill, Owner at The Bird In Hand Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us. I do apologise about the confusion over check in times and will ensure this is clarified.

There are newer reviews for The Bird In Hand Country Inn

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently held my sons christening at the Bird and Hand Country Inn and I was very impressed! I booked the Bird in Hand without viewing it so I was slighty apprehensive about how the day would go but I shouldn't off been. When the party arrived we were all greeted by very friendly helpful staff who couldnt off done more and had smiles on thier faces all day, we were shown to the garden as I had booked a BBQ for 70. The food was beautiful and there was plenty off it and I had compliments about it from all my guests :-) I'm very pleased with the service I received and I would highly recommend the bird in hand to anyone considering holding an event.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for you lovely comments. Yes you were brave to book a christening with us without having viewed the venue- i am so pleased we did not disappoint.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Bird in Hand pub, a favourite of ours, has a warm old worldy feel and lovely welcoming staff. We always enjoy visiting here, particularly during the winter when it is nice to sit near the fire. There are plenty of parking spaces even though you can tell by the number of cars that this is a very popular place. Our last visit was to the restaurant for a special celebration meal. Food was good but we did feel the more formal atmosphere in the restaurant didn't quite live up to that in the more spacious and traditional bar area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments - it is always useful to have an objective point of view. Yes the restaurant is very different from the bar area which can be a little disconcerting. I am pleased you are still happy to come back.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Plenty of parking spaces, friendly welcoming staff, lovely rooms, powerfull shower, everything about this place is excellent, the breakfast is 10 out of 10. No complaints whatsoever, quality establishment with friendly staff, credit to whoever owns/runs it..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
BirdInHandKnowlHill, Owner at The Bird In Hand Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. It means a lot to me and my staff to get feed back from our guests ( good and bad). In this case your glowing review motivates us to continue to strive for perfection. Thanks You. Caroline Shone

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Another pleasant stay at the Bird in Hand, slightly downgraded from my last stay for 2 reasons; firstly the rooms were extremely stuffy (admittedly on one of the hottest nights of the year) even with both Velux windows open and air conditioning would be a good addition, and secondly the breakfast plates were extremely dirty. Apart from that, everything is still good and we also ate in the bar this time, the food was delicious and very nicely presented. I am sure we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. Poor you having to suffer on such a hot night. I will ensure that fans are put in the rooms next time. Unfortunately only the luxury rooms and suites have air conditioning at the moment. Point noted about the plates and I apologise for this. I hope we will see you again. Caroline Shone

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We could recommend this hotel more. If the location suits your needs then do not stay or eat anywhere else.
Undountly the best hotel breakfast we have ever had and now nothing will compare.
Such a good country inn we came back and stayed a year later. Lovely genuine service and cosy rooms.
If only they would lise the tartan carpet on the stairs.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your breakfast! Caroline Shone

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here last week for two nights whilst attending a dog show in nearby Windsor. We normally stay at another hotel in Maidenhead, but on Booking.com i had managed to get a great deal for The Bird In Hand - two nights for £150 - and no extra charge for our dogs.
From checkin to check out all the staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. Our room was a reasonable size, lovely big modern bathroom - all very clean. The bar area is lovely and full of character, and serves some great hand-pumped ales and ciders. Restaurant is lovely, and food both nights was really good - as was the excellent breakfast each day.
This is exactly the sort of independent small hotel that we should all support, they try really hard to please and i would have no hesitation in staying here whenever i am in the area.
The only small point (and i really is just a minor thing) is that weekend breafasts dont start until 8.30 - which is a bit late if you are attending an event etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elscodobermann
BirdInHandKnowlHill, Owner at The Bird In Hand Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you so much for such a glowing report. It definitely makes it all worthwhile. I note your comment about breakfast and will look into changing this. I look forward to seeing you next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowl Hill
#8 of 11 in Maidenhead
Hotel du Vin
Hotel du Vin
#1 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames

Been to The Bird In Hand Country Inn? Share your experiences!