“Smells moldy”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Camden
Springfield, Missouri
“Smells moldy”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I am staying here as we speak. I'm a priority club member. I stay at holiday inns frequently. Front desk staff here are awesome. However the entire hotel smells mildewy and damp. Yuck. I would not recommend this hotel. The room is also dirty. Hairs in sink and on floor. Plus patchy paint on walls. I thought this place was new but I guess not?

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Camden, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Jstilgen,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The rooms are average at best, and this not the nicest Holiday Inn Express I’ve stayed at. There is a smell of mildew/ammonia in the rooms and throughout the hotel. The air conditioning unit is extremely loud and frequently this horrible rattling noises that made it impossible to sleep at times.

The lobby is clean and well maintained, although the microwave (they are not available in the rooms) was barely operable. There are very few restaurants that are nasty fast food, so I brought something back from the Walmart grocery store and had some difficulty trying heat it.
Holiday Inn is not my first choice for hotels, but there is little else in the area. From what I’ve been told by my co-workers, this hotel is far better than the other two in Camden. This hotel does not offer my employer’s standard per diem room rate for the area, but neither do the other two Camden hotels.

I may have work out in Camden again, so its either here or the Hampton Inn that is 30 miles away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lori D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Camden, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Likesthebeach8,

Thank You for writing a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Camden Arkansas. It is our mission to make every guest comfortable and feel that they are at their home away from home. I believe that your concerns are genuine and would like to have the opportunity to address t hem with you personally. Please feel free to contact via email: lori@shinnent.com or via phone @ 870-836-8100. Thank You again for taking your time reviewing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Not much to this town but this hotel is nice. Clean, friendly staff and good breakfast. A bit pricey but it's worth it

Stayed April 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have stayed at the HIE in Camden 23 times in the past four years, pretty alarming, eh? I have always found this HIE to be very well maintained and operated. The night clerk would always make a fresh pot of coffee when I would often wake up much earlier than the breakfast service; this was greatly appreciated.

The visitors lounge is very comfy with huge leather chairs and sofa's where along with my colleagues enjoyed after dinner conversations and cocktails prior to settling in for the night.

There aren't many options for hotels in rural Camden AR, but this one I would recommend if you happen to be traveling through lower Arkansas.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lori D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Camden, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Mr. Galvin,

Thank You for your kind words regarding the Holiday inn Express and Suites in Camden, AR. My staff is very passionate about the satisfaction of our guest. Their attention to detail and Great Southern Hospitality comes alive when you walk through the doors. I hope that the next time you are in town for 1 day or 23 days that you will choose us again.

Kindest Regards,

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This hotel is typical of a Holiday Inn Express, it is relatively new, well maintained, and offers a basic room for the night with a free, simple breakfast. I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and the reception staff is always friendly and helpful.
In December the staff has gotten in the holiday spirit with games such as presents hidden in the public areas.
My only complaint is the last two times I stayed there, even though I had a non-smoking room reserved, the only room available was a smoking room. I also observed this happen to another guest. So, my advice is to call the hotel directly if you really want a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, you should probably call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lori D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Camden, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
John,

Thank You for taking the time to post a review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Camden, AR. My staff is always there to help make your stay feel like you are at your Home Away from Home. I do agree with you that if you are using a travel agent to book your reservations at our property it would be best for you to call after your reservation is made to ensure that your reservation has been made to your specifications. Our staff will be glad to change your room type to your specifications upon availablity. Also we are glad you enjoyed the extra activites that the staff plans every week.

Again Thank You for Choosing Holiday Inn Express and we look forward to hosting you again one day soon.

Happy New Year,

Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Camden, AR
Kentucky
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have had good experiences with the staff at the hotel in few stays with them. Very helpful and they seem happy to help. On Halloween they hid paper pumpkins which could be worth points, gifts or nothing. No hotel I have ever stayed in on Halloween did anything like this to make it a little better about being away from home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
scotland
Reviewed May 8, 2011

we were meant to stay here on our honeymoon but got caught in tornadoes, i cintacted hotel via booking but they still charged us a full rate. disgraceful considering what we went through and we gave them over a days notice. not impressed at all.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tudan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Camden? Share your experiences!