“A fine hotel”
Review of Super 8 Cabot

Super 8 Cabot
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cabot
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Our family of 3 stayed in a room July 2-5, 2011. We got a great rate with AAA. We were visiting friends so we spent very little time at the hotel. But the room was fine, it was clean, the beds were decent (they were big enough, but I felt like I would fall off my side). We asked for no room service which they didn't disturb us. There is an outdoor pool that we did not use. It is towards the front of the building so not very private and it was smaller than I expected from pictures. They do have high-speed internet service that is free. I had the same experience as someone else did in 2009- the clerk didn't know how to check us out because she didn't know how to run the credit card. It was not a problem because they ran it when we checked in. They do have a breakfast bar which I totally appreciate. Coffee, orange juice, cereal & Milk, biscuits & gravy, muffins, bagels & toast. If we come again we would certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Get great savings by using AAA!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Milenka17

Reviewed December 14, 2009

The Rooms are BIG and clean HOWEVER be aware if you check in after 11:00pm the clerk may not know how to run a credit card. It will eventualy be correct but may take serval times.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoark1946
Reviewed July 1, 2009

basic, no frills hotel for a reasonable rate, but it would have been very helpful if they had mentioned that workers would be ripping off and reinstalling the roof each morning at 6 a.m. BEFORE WE MADE THE RESERVATIONS

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mcgsw
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Visiting my son in nearby Austin, this was one of the closest options for his sisters and I to stay in. The pictures online looked as though it a reasonably clean, inexpensive operation. I was not expecting the fanciest place, but I was not impressed either.

The older lady who greeted me upon arrival was cordial - even friendly. The room seemed clean, had a refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker and hairdryer. All good. The towels were rather thin and coarse - reminding me of what I hand out to my patients in the hospital. Towels that could double as skin buffers! One of the days we found that we had only two towels for three people and it took a bit of explaining to the housekeeper to actually obtain an extra towel. She thought I was asking for an actual "extra" towel and stated that they didn't give out "extras". I explained that it was to replace the missing towel in our room and then she understood.

The same housekeeper did offer me her broom to sweep the snow off my car when it was obvious I had no snow care items in my rental car. Southern hospitality was not totally absent.

The continental breakfast was definitely spare - as were seating accommodations in the small motel lobby. We picked up a bagel, toasted it and ate our breakfast back in our room.

Our last night, we decided to opt for a fancier hotel near the airport and changed hotels. I think I'll opt for a B&B next time and go to Miss Martha's in Cabot.

Stayed: March 2008

Been to Super 8 Cabot? Share your experiences!