Bel Arco Resort
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort(Lakeview)(Great Value!)
$55
Brass Door Motel(Gassville)(Great Value!)
$65
The River Rock Hotel(Mountain Home)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Super 8 Mountain Home(Mountain Home)
$59
$55
$98
Hampton.com
Econo Lodge(Mountain Home)
$42
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I'm not even sure where to begin. The place is a dump. My room was extremly old and dated, needed lots of repair work, had dead bugs everywhere, smelled funny, and had a large space under the door that let anything and everything in. The heat/ac unit was loud, sheets were mismatched, and the "pullman kitchen" was so iffy I didn't even use the fridge. The only bonus is that it was just a few hundred yards from the dive site we used (Crow Barn Island) and I was given a late check out so I could shower after diving. It looks like the new owners started ripping things out and then never actually updated anything.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We had our family reunion here and could not have had more helpful people and staff. The old restaurant had recently burned and there had been some storm damage in the area which the owners were in the process of cleaning up, but through it all they we very responsive to all of our needs and desires. The new restaurant they had established, served excellent food at very reasonable prices. They are also in the process of upgrading the facilities which presents some inconvenience. The facilities provided a large meeting room with all the necessary support. I would be happy to return there any time.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Rockybill
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My husband bid on this trip for a charity auction, so at least it went to charity. We stayed in the condo, which looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in 6 months. There were cobwebs and dead bugs everywhere. One night it rained and our front window by the door was leaking heavily into the entry way. The beds and sheets were disgusting and worn out. I couldn't even bring myself to lay under the sheets. The tub was dirty and I found several hairs on the towels. The dishes in the cabinets did not look clean and in the utinsel drawer I found mouse droppings. The brochure is completely misleading and looks nothing like it does today.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2005

We just got back from Bel Arco on Sept. 5th we were booked to stay 3 nights. I reserved one of the cottage rooms because of the lake view. This was not a resort by any means, and for the money it was no where near worth it. Their website is very misleading and the photos they are using on there are from when the resort must of been nice way back when. I figured this out when I got there because the buildings are now a different color. The tennis court is in shambles, the playground equipment rusty, the pool area had big cracks in the concrete with weeds growing everywhere. The room was semi- decent but no view of the lake. The little concrete patio off the cottage was filthy and cobb webs were everywhere. The maid service was mediocre they did not clean that well, or vacuum. Do not eat breakfast at Mario's it is greasy and the waitress is very peculiar acting. Only one waitress kind of bizarre. The bathroom in the cottage had exposed lights with some bugs. I would not rate the place horrible but just not worth the money and the don't make your judgement based on their website. Stay somewhere else.......

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Went for a weekend seminar. Reserved a room with a kitchen but they claimed we did not ask for kitchen. We did get them to move us from the gravel parking lot view to one near the pool. We ignored the remarks made by the front desk people about having to move us all over the place to keep us happy. This hotel looks like it was a pretty good resort 30 years ago, but it is showing its age and the owners are cutting some corners (no ice bucket, room needed repairs, etc.) There was not much view of the lake for the trees, even though we were on top of a hill overlooking the lake. This would be a good budget motel. Since there is a large boat dock just down the hill, it would also be a good place to just sleep if you were going to be out on the boat fishing all day. However, for the price we paid for a room, I expected more than a budget room or a fishing camp.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business