“Consistently good”

Cuisines: American
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Consistently good”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I eat there once or twice per month. Food is always good. Nothing fancy. Portions are average. Friendly wait staff. Food is very consistent. Best non-chain diner in area.

Houston, Texas
“Break Those Chains....(Restaurant Chains That Is!!)”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Obviously I'm not a fan of the chain restaurants so I always look for something off the beaten path and often use Trip Advisor to make my decision. Blue Plate Diner is located down a road that you really wouldn't expect to find a good restaurant but there it is....at the end of the road in a strip shopping center. First looks might have you wondering if this can be any good, but once you step in the restaurant, you are transported back in time to the 50's....and the place appears to be fairly clean and well-kept. Our only disappointment was that they stopped serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m. on weekends. (We arrived at 10:45). Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and rolls were absolutely great! Glad I got the gravy on the side...it was a white tasteless concoction and would have ruined the rest of my lunch had it been poured all over the top. I will return when I am in the area again but will get up earlier and try to catch breakfast, but I sure would like to see them extend those serving hours.

1 Thank texaswinesnob
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Better than Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Everything is really good. The country fried chicken is my favorite. Their breakfast is also good. It's nothing fancy but the food is good.

1 Thank SarahA356
Highland Village, Texas
“Great experience from food to staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I visited while passing through Bryant. We were looking for a good burger. This diner did not disappoint. Hand-pressed patties and a wonderfully toasted bun. All the fixin's. Burger was cooked just right and my bacon was thick and crispy. We added seasoned fries and onion rings to our order and those were delicious too. We were stuffed but couldn't pass up the fried pies. YUM! Not too much pastry. Soooooo good. When we travel through Bryant again, we're stopping back in to try the traditional diner food. Did I mention the staff and the owner? We couldn't have felt more at home. They are wonderful.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank threepuppies
Benton, Arkansas
“Step back in the day diner.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant after reading some reviews. You would never just stumble upon this place, as it is off the freeway and no large signs to it. It is a cute, old timey diner. I had the hamburger and reg. fries. The hamburger was delicious and was a HUGE flat iron burger grilled to perfection with great flavor. I ask for jalapenos and they were added with a generous portion. The fries were not my favorite, as they were soft and flemsy and I prefer a crispy fry. We also had the house salad and a cup of beef vegetable soup. Salad was good, with excellent garlicy croutons and was prepared with a large portion of cheddar cheese on top. Soup was more like a pot roast soup, as it had a large hunk of roast beef meat in the soup. Good broth and served hot. I've added pics of the burger/fries & salad. Unsweet tea tasted like it was brewed in the same pot as the coffee, so I didn't like that. Waitress was friendly and diner was clean. I would go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 588KateS

Been to Home Plate Diner? Share your experiences!