“Better than Cracker Barrel”
Review of Home Plate Diner

Home Plate Diner
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Bryant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Everything is really good. The country fried chicken is my favorite. Their breakfast is also good. It's nothing fancy but the food is good.

1  Thank SarahA356

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I visited while passing through Bryant. We were looking for a good burger. This diner did not disappoint. Hand-pressed patties and a wonderfully toasted bun. All the fixin's. Burger was cooked just right and my bacon was thick and crispy. We added seasoned fries and onion rings to our order and those were delicious too. We were stuffed but couldn't pass up the fried pies. YUM! Not too much pastry. Soooooo good. When we travel through Bryant again, we're stopping back in to try the traditional diner food. Did I mention the staff and the owner? We couldn't have felt more at home. They are wonderful.

1  Thank threepuppies
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant after reading some reviews. You would never just stumble upon this place, as it is off the freeway and no large signs to it. It is a cute, old timey diner. I had the hamburger and reg. fries. The hamburger was delicious and was a HUGE flat iron burger grilled to perfection with great flavor. I ask for jalapenos and they were added with a generous portion. The fries were not my favorite, as they were soft and flemsy and I prefer a crispy fry. We also had the house salad and a cup of beef vegetable soup. Salad was good, with excellent garlicy croutons and was prepared with a large portion of cheddar cheese on top. Soup was more like a pot roast soup, as it had a large hunk of roast beef meat in the soup. Good broth and served hot. I've added pics of the burger/fries & salad. Unsweet tea tasted like it was brewed in the same pot as the coffee, so I didn't like that. Waitress was friendly and diner was clean. I would go back.

1  Thank 588KateS
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Breakfast was YUMMY, they have odd hours but, the food is great. Service was also wonderful! Definitely a must try.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Best home cooking places around. Well seasoned food , friendly staff Rick, the owner offical taster knows his stuff! You live the step back in time with the nostalgic 50 decor and juke box! Off I-40 West few blocks. Worth the detour!

Been to Home Plate Diner? Share your experiences!